TiTAN 2.0 Pre-Order / Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tip up does look good, but I'm definitely sticking with tip down. Good thinking on the LBS though. Can't wait to see flame striped scales

Last edited:
Last I heard was they would all be ready to ship before June 5th. It seemed pretty certain this time. Before that he said completion by December was a good estimate. The invoice had an estimated delivery by October. I've thought we were getting close a number of times.

Last I heard was they would all be ready to ship before June 5th. It seemed pretty certain this time. Before that he said completion by December was a good estimate. The invoice had an estimated delivery by October. I've thought we were getting close a number of times.

Sorry for the extended wait oregonknifenerd. The TiTAN 2 is a very challenging design and honestly the initial machining and grinding is only 20% of the hours invested in each knife. I have found that blueprinting and tuning the lock is the very last operation and extremely time consuming. The entire knife is assembled and disassembled 30 plus times after each adjustment to do the final tune. It takes many hours. People expect a $800 knife to have a certain fit and finish and these last few weeks are being spent tuning the action of these blades to meet that expectation.

I warranty all my work for life so I make an extreme effort to not only make sure all folding knives ship tuned perfectly but also they they remain that way for years to come. With more years of experience and better tools I will being to reduce my time spent but for now I'm "measuring twice and cutting once."

I've said this before, but dude, take as long as you want to get everything just the way it needs to be.

We'll wait. Excuse our occasional hassling as we try to restrain our enthusiasm.

Thanks for the update will :) I was not meaning to rush you. Just feeling like a kid at Christmas! I would rather wait and receive your full vision than not.

If you don't mind me asking, how many have gone out the door? I've only seen two out in the wild.

New photos and short video clip of a heavy stone/scratch wash finish are over on the William Woods Bladeworks Instagram page for anyone that is following here but not a regular Instagram user.

Blacked out TiTAN 2 w/ polished breaker and hardware ready for laser engraving!

Instagram Video: [video]http://instagram.com/p/rBavJDHkBz/[/video]

0729140051_zpsc015d6bc.jpg

niiiice.... sigh... can't wait to see the first couple go up on the Ex for double cost.. boooo!

anyone ever back out? doesn't appear as though that happened.. doh!

titan 3.0? MEMEMEMEME :D

Hey Will,
Curious how those Damy blades are coming. Need some more knife pron if you've got it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back