1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Titanium Sword ?

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by Edwood7, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    http://mentalfloss.com/article/501000/knight-club-history-medieval-times-dinner-theater

According to this article Medieval Times knights use titanium swords in their battles.

2. BladeScout

BladeScout

May 16, 2010
    Quit the necro 'carp.'

3. Stelth

Stelth

Jul 15, 2007
    If you're not interested you don't have to post in this thread. It's not against the rules here, I checked.

4. horseclover

horseclover Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 21, 2000
    There are a lot newer ti threads.

5. BladeScout

BladeScout

May 16, 2010
    1. Its not encouraged to necro threads more than a few years old.

2. The last post in this thread was from 2012.

3. Your post about reenactors at a crappy dinner show has not an iota to do with the density nor the structure of titanium nor any properties of the discussion at hand.

There are different grades of ti. For example my titanium knives are made of Beta ti, which is hard for machinery to work.

The knives are sharp and hold an acceptable working edge.

The show you link to, if they have ti 'swords,' would have dull impossible to sharpen properly 'swords' of any old easily workable ti grade and they would have no similarities to a real working sword except for the general outline.

4. As others mention, lots have happened in the mean time since this necro thread.

For example Mecha of this forum has been making fantastic titanium swords and we now know far more about ti swords due to him and other knife/sword makers.

Try a forum search for ti and for Mecha's posts.

6. mete

mete Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Mecha's Ti swords don't splinter and injure spectators !! :(

7. horseclover

horseclover Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 21, 2000
    I wouldn't mind seeing a movie of Mecha in King Arthur's Court.

8. BitingSarcasm

BitingSarcasm

Feb 25, 2014
    Court? They would never let him out of the smithy, and probably chain him to the forge. I have advocated in the past for just that situation, but Arthur could not only order such a thing, he had the moral laxity to make it happen.

Mecha likes this.
  9. Mecha

Mecha KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

Like Wayland the Smith, hobbled and chained to his smithy by the King, forced to forge for his benefit. Of course Wayland had his revenge. :D

[​IMG]

Honestly, happy and humbled that you guys like my work.

palonej, Armadew and Nixelplix like this.
  10. GWashington1732

GWashington1732 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Then they're not realistic to that time period. :p