To the Makers of Things, Show us what you do!

Custom coffee and wine bar with solid Beech shelves for a client.
MOMZH5J.jpg

Dopic1 Dopic1 you've been putting out some great work Scott. That bench is awesome, can't wait to see that bowie!

Thanks John, been able to get some shop time recently.

This is a fantastic thread, John! Maybe I’ll jump in at some point with some things I’ve made. :)

Gonna be hard to follow the pros in this thread though.
Absolutely, feel free to post whatever you like along with links to your subforum, you've got some nice work going on over there!

Absolutely, feel free to post whatever you like along with links to your subforum, you've got some nice work going on over there!

Thanks John!

I never feel right showing my “wares” in another maker’s forum. I was thinking more along the lines of this…

About a decade ago, I was contacted by a lady who inherited her grandmother’s piano. It had been in the family for over 100 years. All the women in her family had learned to play on this particular piano. She was requesting to have a foyer table made out of it, as the sound board had cracked and was beyond repair.

I accepted the challenge and the piano was dropped off at my property and I went to work on disassembling the upright piano. Let me tell you…cast soundboards are screaming heavy.

After sparing all the parts I could, I decided the best plan of attack was to figure out how to ONLY use the material from the piano, save pin nails and glue and a piece of glass. I was not to refinish any of the wood, to leave in said condition so to speak.

I was given full artistic licence and she did not want to know what the plans were.
It took me three years and a lot of stress…but this is what I came up with. A 16” deep, 34” wide, standard height one-of-a-kind foyer table (if I remember correctly)

I found out the keys are Ivory…so they must be show cased!!

DE0D2CD2-6F17-4C5A-80E8-493285FCDF6F.jpeg0B7C4909-50A0-49CD-90EE-BB7F54EE4533.jpeg329010F1-A533-4EFC-91BC-0A145B1BC70C.jpeg9B47F80B-0734-4E73-953A-5E6574FBB0FF.jpeg

She was thrilled. That’s good enough for me. :)

The photo on the table was taken on my property with her and her two son’s and was a surprise with the table. :)

Thanks John!

I never feel right showing my “wares” in another maker’s forum. I was thinking more along the lines of this…

About a decade ago, I was contacted by a lady who inherited her grandmother’s piano. It had been in the family for over 100 years. All the women in her family had learned to play on this particular piano. She was requesting to have a foyer table made out of it, as the sound board had cracked and was beyond repair.

I accepted the challenge and the piano was dropped off at my property and I went to work on disassembling the upright piano. Let me tell you…cast soundboards are screaming heavy.

After sparing all the parts I could, I decided the best plan of attack was to figure out how to ONLY use the material from the piano, save pin nails and glue and a piece of glass. I was not to refinish any of the wood, to leave in said condition so to speak.

I was given full artistic licence and she did not want to know what the plans were.
It took me three years and a lot of stress…but this is what I came up with. A 16” deep, 34” wide, standard height one-of-a-kind foyer table (if I remember correctly)

I found out the keys are Ivory…so they must be show cased!!

View attachment 2108784View attachment 2108789View attachment 2108785View attachment 2108791

She was thrilled. That’s good enough for me. :)

The photo on the table was taken on my property with her and her two son’s and was a surprise with the table. :)
That's such an awesome piece, Coleman...nice to see it again.

That's such an awesome piece, Coleman...nice to see it again.

Thank you, Chip. It’s now documented on the world wide web via BF. 🤣😂
Thanks to John and his wonderful thread. :D

Last edited:
Back