Todd's "Sweatin to the oldies" weight loss thread

What I have the hardest time with is commitment and focus. this image just about sums up my whole problem.

PS_0390W_EXERCISE_BACON_t_zpscw9mkkhc.jpeg

Here's an inspiring story on " Healthy Eating "..
http://thedomesticman.com/my-story/

Hey, I'm a foody ( Middle Weight Sumo Division / 235 lbs ), and will be ordering his " Cook Book ".

".. The recipes in my book will be aligned with my belief that safe starches (white rice, tapioca, potatoes) and some forms of dairy have a place in the modern interpretation of the Paleo diet. Essentially, this is the first Perfect Health Diet cookbook – so it’s only fitting that Paul Jaminet graciously provided the foreword..."
http://thedomesticman.com/cookbook/

Last edited:
I have to admit. I have somewhat already started. My weight 2 weeks ago was 268. Ive been planning on getting back on track with my weight for a long time. but, if Im gonna air all of this embarrassing info here to you guys I sure as hell would look stupid if I fail. So, thats the point. for you guys to keep me motivated. I did a couple weeks "test run" if you will to see if my old bone are still capable of sheading some weight and I have lost 8 lbs. I just need to stick with it and hearing your guy's stories, and advice I think will help.
Id really like to hear of some recipes too. anybody got some heathy meals that dont taste like sawdust?

After following the boring-ass weight watcher's recipes of old, and the over-processed yet tiny jenny craig prepackaged foodstuffs, I've been very pleasantly surprised by the recipes in the 17-Day Diet. The only one competing with sawdust was the vegetables and chicken stir-fry, and it probably would have been passable (maybe even good) had I cooked the garlic, ginger, onions and peppers another 5-10 minutes before dropping everything else on top. The rest have surprised me with their potent flavor and ease of preparation. Even the vegetable soup - which I was quite afraid of due to past experience with others.
What's nice is that herbs, spices and peppers fit into just about any diet you can find.

So far this week is going well as far as sticking to the cause. I weighed this morning at it was at 255.4 So, just a little over 4 1/2 lbs. since I took the 260 photo last Sunday night. Weekends are the hardest though. I have managed to stay away from bread, mayonaise, and sadly beer. those three things are my weakness. The only beer I,ve had was a couple of glasses during the football games last Sunday. My plan is to stick to this until I get to my desired weight, than slowly reintroduce some of my guilty pleasures slowly and with moderation. I have also lost a inch and a half off of my waiste, which Im pretty happy about. however, I would like to get back into a pair of 36in. waiste jeans..............Man, Im starting to sound like a woman. :eek:

Fortunatly, My wife has also helped out. Without asking her, she has started fixing more healthier meals and not loading my plate up as much as she had before. Plus she knows what I like as far a snacks and I noticed she either didnt buy them or if she did, she at least put them in the back of the pantry to where I wouldnt have them staring at me every time I open the door. :thumbup: If the truth was known, she was probably just one step away from putting one of those battery powered pigs in there that Oink at you when you open the door. :D

Good deal! Oh, I remember a friend doing research in college and he discovered that Miller lite is one of the best bang for your calorie beers.... Recently he's discovered that Becks light is a bit better calorie to alcohol wise, but a man has to draw a line somewhere.

If the truth was known, she was probably just one step away from putting one of those battery powered pigs in there that Oink at you when you open the door. :D
She probably opted not to after seeing what Beckerheads do to inanimate pigs.

^ Excellen point! ^ Oh, and thanks for getting my beer taste buds all excited! :grumpy:

keep up the good work
i know next to nothing about weight loss so i can give any advice but drinking water prob helps
also you like to hike,fish and hunt right
if so do that more if you can

As you all know, one of my big weaknesses on this diet is beer and my lack of it. so, trying to be as smart as I can about my weight loss I tried to see if there was any educational workout videos available that allowed me to get into shape AND drink beer, I think I found one. these guys seem to be professionals and I think they have some valid points. what do you think?
[video=youtube;Im8PPuRy_mw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Im8PPuRy_mw[/video]

Doubletap. lack of beer making mind weird!

You don't have to give up the beer. You just have to moderate the consumption of it a bit. One or two 12 oz cans or bottles won't hurt ya. But I'd have them with a meal and not as a snack later in the evening.

As you all know, one of my big weaknesses on this diet is beer and my lack of it. so, trying to be as smart as I can about my weight loss I tried to see if there was any educational workout videos available that allowed me to get into shape AND drink beer, I think I found one. these guys seem to be professionals and I think they have some valid points. what do you think?
[video=youtube;Im8PPuRy_mw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Im8PPuRy_mw[/video]

They're drinking PBR, they have to be right.

O.k. so, here what the first weeks effort yeilds. A loss of 5 lbs. Which I am very happy about considering I have done nothin but change my eating habbits.
2014-01-25081207_zps6da66e9c.jpg

I know what some of you guys are gonna say, "well, its just about 256!" ...... I will have you know, that the scale said 253 before I put the slippers (Trade didn't like lookin at my bare feet) on, plus the wieght of the camera and the t-shirt and shorts I had on. I'm happy, I still intend on introducing exrecises of various sorts to the mix, but right now its still a deep frozen tundra outside and can't get out to do anything. More to come!

Last edited:
Damn, another doubletap, I need a shot of good bourbon or something!

Not too bad. When do you weigh yourself? I think its more accurate to weigh in the morning, I always seem to weigh less. Remember to crap before you weigh in too.;)

Not too bad. When do you weigh yourself? I think its more accurate to weigh in the morning, I always seem to weigh less. Remember to crap before you weigh in too.;)

Lol, Again, excellent advice Tom, I wish you lived closer, I would hire you as my personal advisor! I cant listen to Murphs advice anymore. Last time I did I woke up in Tijuana in a tub of ice missing a kidney! :thumbdn:

Oh, and by the way fellers, Ive lost a inch and a half off of my waiste! Yay!

Back