TOPS Tibo

You do! It's pretty excellent. Gets my firm stamp of approval. :)

After some months of using my Tibo I must say it is very light even in the training trousers. You don't feel it but when you need it is a very sharp tool. I like it!

Wolfgang

After some months of using my Tibo I must say it is very light even in the training trousers. You don't feel it but when you need it is a very sharp tool. I like it!

Wolfgang

Thanks for the feedback Wolfgang, and I am very glad you are liking the knife! Light but functional were key factors in the design.

Please tell me which model of knife the larger Tops blade is that is pictured here with the Tibo. Thank you!

I'd about 95% decided to buy an Izula or Izula II, but this thread has pretty much changed my mind. The Tibo corrects the few issues I had with the 2 ESEE products, and it's a bit less expensive to boot. I'm not entirely thrilled with the sheath, but I can get one made by AZWELKE easily enough.

Any word on after-market scales? I plan to use paracord initially, but will probably make or purchase scales soon.

I've not seen scales on one yet--would be something, that's for sure. :)

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

I just went to your website (thanks for the link!) and saw you had "premium" Tibos for a couple bucks more. What exactly does that mean?

Also, the Baryonyx is a species of spinosaur, right? Cool.

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

I just went to your website (thanks for the link!) and saw you had "premium" Tibos for a couple bucks more. What exactly does that mean?

Also, the Baryonyx is a species of spinosaur, right? Cool.

The Special Grade option on the Tibo is for use to thin out and refine the edge on it. The edge that comes on it stock is functional, but a bit obtuse (which is typical for TOPS.)

And yes--the Baryonyx was a smaller (though still large) relative of the spinosaurus. :)

The Special Grade option on the Tibo is for use to thin out and refine the edge on it. The edge that comes on it stock is functional, but a bit obtuse (which is typical for TOPS.)

And yes--the Baryonyx was a smaller (though still large) relative of the spinosaurus. :)
Sounds like a good idea. I just don't have the time to try something like that, so I may look into that when I buy. You're only a few bucks more than GP Knives anyway, and I prefer to support small businesses whenever I can.

I just got a tibo. It's a brilliant little knife. Love that it's the love child of the candiru, and the izula and a third the price. Is it a rip off of esee? No more of an homage, neck knife or nestled in your pocket this is a winner

Hahaha! Tibo in Tagalog (Filipino language) is lesbian.

No, it translates as stinger...

TiboCapture.jpg

It only means lesbian or tomboy in slang.

TiboCapture2.jpg

Much like gay, originally meaning: joyful, festive, or bright...and queer. originally meaning weird, questionable, or unwell later became slang words for homosexuality. Seems lots of words have slang meanings, and letting slang meanings worry me about things makes about as much sense as being worried about definitions in the "urban dictionary". Hell, I had never heard of the urban dictionary till I came to this forum. After looking up the first couple of references to it I've dismissed it as a bunch of foolishness, and ignore pretty much any posts or replies that mention it...and skip on past looking for something more worthwhile to read....

That said, considering one of my very best friends is a beautiful "lesbian" that I would trust to cover my six more than 80% of the so called men I have met in my life, I'm ok with it. In a round-a-bout way, it's almost as if I did an inadvertent nod to her, and I am good with that :)

In fact, come Saturday, I will be giving her number T-003 of the limited run of 30 they did for me out of cryo-quenched ATS-34 :)

StainlessTibo.jpg

Now I like that one too Brian !

Thanks Hawkeye! I have been waiting on the stainless version of the Tibo since I first played with the proto in Florida a couple of years ago, and they'll finally be here tomorrow :)

DSC_1295B.jpg

DSC_1295cm.jpg

Another one I have been looking forward to checking out should be here next week when I get to see the first production models of this one, not a TOPS though.

DSC_0946.jpg

DSC_0949.jpg

DSC_0953.jpg

DSC_0865-001.jpg

Glad that the stainless Tibo came together for you Brian. That Schrade looks like a keeper as well.

Back