Toughest fixed blade you know of

Busse is high on my list. I've owned about 13. But customs in CPM 3v are what I'm loving now. A Dan Keffler Silverback would be high on the list too!!
My current choppers are HI khukri. Tough, and chop great. But with through tangs, not as suitable for heavy prying!

I've had a Busse FBMLE, B11, KZII and WTFBG. (And a couple of Bads, fatty Steel Heart straight handle, Sarsquatch, GW, and an SS, and Rattle Hawk)

For a custom 'fixed' a Busse would be very-high on the list. Followed by either Grayman, or Sibert. Non-custom: Becker, TOPs, Cold Steel, Wilson, and Hogue. These brands are subject to change in regard to the individual's personal likes, and experiences.

if I could only have one out of what I own it would have to be ontario sp 10 the 1095 one is the one I own I think there 1085 now would still pick it anyway
Considering getting a sp-10. How does it compare to other choppers?

Cold Steel Warcraft Tanto in CPM-3V.
It should be arriving at my adress tommorrow.

That thing was lifting a car on video.

Forgive me but it's tough to define what a tough knife is as some folk have their own ideas and criteria.
For me, I go with the what the OP mentioned, "It can chip, roll, or take minor damage but it can’t suffer a catastrophic failure."
While there are many fine choices here in this thread, there's very little that cannot be done with a Becker BK2. I have and have had several of the knives mentioned in this thread (including several Busses like my beloved Natural Outlaw and Basic #7) but "tough" lends itself to steels like 1095 and Ka-Bar Becker's 1095 CroVan seems to work very well. That the knives are a bargain make this almost a no-brainer. For a bigger blade, the Becker BK9 gets my vote but the BK2 is a tank surely meeting the OP's criteria.

Last edited:
Busse - ASH-1
ASH.jpg

View attachment 1303423

These are my two toughest knives. The top is a Busse Fat Ash, which is a 6.5 inch slab of Infi that is 0.324 inches thick (8.22 mm).

...... these two seem to know what they are talking about.. :D

Forgive me but it's tough to define what a tough knife is as some folk have their own ideas and criteria.
For me, I go with the what the OP mentioned, "It can chip, roll, or take minor damage but it can’t suffer a catastrophic failure."
While there are many fine choices here in this thread, there's very little that cannot be done with a becker BK2. I have and have had several of the knives mentioned in this thread (including several Busses like my beloved Natural Outlaw and Basic #7) but "tough" lends itself to steels like 1095 and Ka-Bar Becker's 1095 CroVan seems to work very well. That the knives are a bargain make this almost a no-brainer. For a bigger blade, the Becker BK9 gets my vote but the BK2 is a tank surely meeting the OP's criteria.
Nailed it man. :) Was basically looking for a tanky knife that can more than eat its share of punishment within reason. I’ll probably start with the BK9 since I also need a dedicated chopper in my toolbox. I’ll definitely consider the myriad of beautiful options here once I save up more clams for knife-buying expenses lol.

Nailed it man. :) Was basically looking for a tanky knife that can more than eat its share of punishment within reason. I’ll probably start with the BK9 since I also need a dedicated chopper in my toolbox. I’ll definitely consider the myriad of beautiful options here once I save up more clams for knife-buying expenses lol.

The King! You can't not have a 9.

Technically, my Kailash Khukuri serves as my current wilderness chopper right now. But sometimes you just want a lighter, good ole fashioned production chopper.

Back