1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Trackrock Hammer-in Announcement

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by crex, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    The brutal truth is that you guys are now on the hook for the forge and for the computer, and for the car... and the weddings.

2. crex

crex

Oct 4, 2002
    So......we're on the "hook" the minute the kid is conceived.

For all of you interested in attending the next Trackrock Hammer-in I have the dates set with the Campground. It will be the last weekend of September 29/30. Make you plans.

You might be interested to know that Lily, DeWayne, Donnie, Scott, and most of the others that have been helping me out by teaching others have only been forging for a short length of time themselves. I think DeWayne had just forged his first serious blade on Thursday pm. (he did have some previous forging experience and has been a stock removalist for a while).
    The kids that take to this really get excited when they find out they can actually do/create something with their own hands. Lots of fun all around.
    I think my last rough head-count was between 32 to 36 youngun's got to hit hot steel. Thanks everyone.
    Maybe at the next one I will actually get to do a little forging myself (wasn't meant to be this time).

The flint Knapper that participated was my good friend Bengie - Yellow Knife. He has provided the Donation Knife for next fall and I will post pics as soon as I get a chance. It will be a true treasure for someone, but Allen will not be allowed to buy a ticket.
    We also had a special bonus with English Smith - Mark Hopper and his lovely assistant Jessica set up and show several attendees how to do some fun ornamental forge work. Some articles are very amazing. Mark runs the "Goat n Hammer Forge/Metalworks" down in Atlanta and is a very accomplished artist.

3. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Another great weekend at Trackrock and it was awesome to have so many new folks come out for a nice, quiet, relaxing weekend at the campgrounds. Hats off to everyone who made the pilgrimage and the Bermuda Triangle of 49, 50 and Area 51 are reserved in September for anyone who can make it. Thanks again to Carl and everyone else who pulls this off 2 times a year and allows me to share in the fun. Here are a few of the pics I took, although no where near as good or interesting as Tony's.

Area 51

[​IMG]

Shot from the cabins

[​IMG]

Weekend setup

[​IMG]

First SG sheath with the help and guidance of RLo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leather school

[​IMG]

CREX table

[​IMG]

S.S.S. - Awesomeness

[​IMG]

Eatin' & drinkin' gooooood!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  4. crex

crex

Oct 4, 2002
    Great pics Thanks for sharing.

5. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]

Allen & I never remember to take my wifes chainsaw to Track Rock:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Swo was checking the offerings on Friday. We were wondering how it would look if he Sharked a knife from my computer.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mistwalker made a serious breakfast Saturday morning
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darth Blader's jambalaya was on POINT!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOLA's cobbler was fantastic based on the reports from the fellas. The Dutch Oven was empty in no time!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. badglide9705

badglide9705 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Well, I attended my first Trackrock. Wont be my last! This is a great event with great people who happen to be great craftsman. Tony made me feel like we been friends for years, I thank you for that. Everyone was very hospitable. They truly enjoy teaching and sharing their craft and skills. My little pea brain absorbed all it could from Carl, Rick, and Scott. Thanks guys. Looking forward to September!

7. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    Very true, and loving every minute of it.

8. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    awesome

9. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Trackrock was an awesome event! I have like 500 photos to sort through tonight... I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast Phillip!

10. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Once again I'm blown away by the group of people I get to be around at Carl's Trackrock Hammerin. One of those pics has a bunch of guys sitting around making sheaths with Rick Lowe and Sandy Morissey. Thats probably over a century of experience just between those two. We had visitors from all over the place too. It was a great time, and thanks to everyone for their participation.

11. _Westy_

_Westy_

Dec 19, 2009
    Man this looks like a really fun event that I need to do some reading on and make plans to attend. I was just talking to my brother about getting a few guys together to make the trek down to Georgia to spend a long weekend camping and possibly stopping by the shop if possible.

12. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY

Feb 6, 2004
    I hate that we missed it. We spent the weekend at Ethan's place in TN. Our schedules would not have allowed for a trip to GA anyway.

I am very pleased to see the interest that the kids are exhibiting. We are going to have some talented and groundbreaking creations by some of these beginners within the next 10-15 years. I really appreciate all of the time that the makers are dedicating to the growth of the next generation.

[​IMG]

13. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    DJ, it would be great to see you and your boy there again. Fall '17 awaits!

14. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    +1 to that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk