Traditional and Modern pairings

First production run Protech Harkins and an AG Russell pinched peanut today.

~Chip

de5aec78b136e66bf4b8d7f49d6f22cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the 47! Thought I was the only one who liked to EDC a 47.

Here's my EDC rotation choices. Carry a traditional and a modern everyday.

ec32af7da6192e263f100283799e3cbf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JOELSM, How do you like the AGRussel dagger? Carry and use well? The edge looks good. The covers look sweet!

JOELSM, How do you like the AGRussel dagger? Carry and use well? The edge looks good. The covers look sweet!

Hey brownshoe- it was a V-day gift from my wife, so I haven't had it too long. It has excellent F&F, as you note the covers are something special. Comes with a real nice carry pouch with clip:

IMG_2533.jpg
[/url]imageupload[/IMG]

IMG_2532.jpg
[/url]imageupload[/IMG]

It carries nice, blade is sharp and functional. I've enjoyed it for the 3 short days that I've had it. Here it is in hand:

IMG_2534.jpg
[/url]imageupload[/IMG]

Thanks, for the info and extra pictures. That knife piqued my interest when I saw it in the catalog. I get a chance to stop in the store about once a year, I'll have to give it a look. Sweet wife you've got! :)

Thanks, for the info and extra pictures. That knife piqued my interest when I saw it in the catalog. I get a chance to stop in the store about once a year, I'll have to give it a look. Sweet wife you've got! :)

We saw the same catalog:). I was hooked when I saw it on the cover. The action has really smoothed out as I've fooled around with it. As for my wife - you hit the nail on the head, she's pretty sweet:thumbup:

A question for those, like myself, who carry a modern folder: Have you ever encountered a situation where you were really glad you had a modern folder, as opposed to the traditional?

I like to be prepared for things, and I like the thought of having a knife I can open one-handed, if I'm pinned in a car, or whatever. But, I've been carrying a modern for several years now, and I still have yet to pull it out for much of anything. Just wondering what you all have run into. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A discussion on using modern one handed openers is better suited for the General Knife Discussion forum.

First production run Protech Harkins and an AG Russell pinched peanut today.

~Chip

Those pinched peanuts are sweet little knives!

David beautiful good sir.

Brett, that stag drop point 73 is coming along quite nicely!
Yours, along with Harry's(and Ron's OO) were some of the first knives that really stood out to me when I started frequenting these forums.

A good pair and a good read for a Sunday.
u1HAEoQ.jpg

Back