Traditional and Modern pairings

654680e719592f80029879af4d468bd0.jpg

I have been carrying my new Peanut and I have found it really can do about 90% of my cutting needs.

That said, I have begun pairing it with a beefy ZT909. The 909 is a steel lined flipper sporting a nearly 4" "super steel" blade. It only gets the nod over the Peanut when I need to cut large banding at work or if my hands are full and i need a quicker cut.

I've jokingly call the combo Master Blaster after the Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome characters. The big ol' brute is my Blaster. The Peanut, that actually rides carried up on the 909' "shoulders" in my watch pocket is Master. Master is the smarter choice 90% of the time and actually sees the most use.

Yesterday my Peanut cut up a lemon, opened a box, sliced open my mail, and was fondly caressed between my fingers as I sat through a boring meeting.

The 909 just gathered a bit of pocket fuzz yesterday as I didnt really need it and was slightly uncomfortable digging into my hip over a 3 hour drive.

I can't quit one handers just yet. Day to day they serve a purpose. However, having seen the Traditional light, I have come to really appreciate the utility of all purpose cutting tool like a Peanut and regulating the big folder to specialty use.

d472cc5e65bf748585cda9b5c4f71300.jpg

Traded my PM2 for this sage 2 to a gentleman here on the forums. Just got it in the mail. Wow what a grade knife smooth as butter. The bull nose ain't to bad either, it's breaking in nicely.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

e5e77fa51aebe42e596d99a21a056b17.jpg

Bull nose in the coin pocket, Sebenza in the front pocket. Great combo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

One of my favorite threads!

These two seem to get er done most days.
OcsoT8v.jpg

MS7a8XO.jpg

I've got that WH, it's a seriously sweet knife. Way ahead of the game when it came out...still is in many respects. Mine never needs sharpening, is yours the same?

I've got that WH, it's a seriously sweet knife. Way ahead of the game when it came out...still is in many respects. Mine never needs sharpening, is yours the same?

I agree with you 100%. I bought mine from Gary Graley on the exchange a few years back. It was sharp as a razor when I got it and all I do is drag it over a strop once in awhile, not even sure it needs it. That ZDP-189 at 67 RC just keeps cutting.

Back