Traditional and Modern pairings

It's funny. I'm pretty much a dyed-in-the-wool traditional stockman fellow day in and day out. However, during duck season I find myself clipping a Kershaw Ken Onion Chive or Benchmark EZ-Out Jr. to the top pocket of my overalls. I like the one-handed operation. Handy, too, is the fact that the clip allows me to mount the knife high in my overalls, saving me the trouble of digging a stockman out from down in my chest waders. I end up adjusting camo, cutting zip-ties and decoy lines and things like that, that can be a little rough on thinner blades. Also, those knives are tough, relatively inexpensive and easier to replace than my favorite slip joint if harm or loss comes to them around a muddy, flooded rice field.

Loving these two together. Just got the case in today. I think to get much more opposite I am going to need a sharp rock and a light sabre.
82mHClX.jpg

I've never spent more than $40 on a "modern," and that was for a gift for my brother. I appreciate the high end and custom moderns, but this $25 Paperstone Vantage by Buck is all I need. And I just love the blue-green Paperstone handles. I wish Buck would resurrect it for other models.

E48C42F2-0B35-4B5A-B481-F29CF064E256_zpsfl991vzm.jpg

The Buck is for convenience when I need a OHO. Otherwise, I reach for the Radio Jack, my pick for the best production pocket knife ever.

73DCEAE9-CFCE-4493-9EE0-D7AAC4F7B38E_zpsrcto8l0m.jpg

WOW, John! That sure is an awesome pair. Loving the Zscherny, and that custom Ernie is a stunner! Knock me over with a feather!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Here's my pair today. Not nearly as fancy, but I like 'em for different reasons.
Old spearpoint jack by A.W. Wadsworth & Son, Germany, and an Edgeco Tactical One Hander made in Italy, from 'round about 1980.
Guess maybe I should nickname them Adolf and Benito, and pretend that they're like Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau trying to coexist harmoniously in the same pocket. ;)

fe660241-361c-4c74-830c-43092a378e1e.jpg

TDKFM - what is that unconventional device next to the case? That thing is so odd looking, I love it? I think the sharp rock and light sabre could be closer match vs what you have there.

- Rex

Loving these two together. Just got the case in today. I think to get much more opposite I am going to need a sharp rock and a light sabre.

TDKFM - what is that unconventional device next to the case? That thing is so odd looking, I love it? I think the sharp rock and light sabre could be closer match vs what you have there.

- Rex

It's a microtech ultratech

I've never spent more than $40 on a "modern," and that was for a gift for my brother. I appreciate the high end and custom moderns, but this $25 Paperstone Vantage by Buck is all I need. And I just love the blue-green Paperstone handles. I wish Buck would resurrect it for other models.

The Buck is for convenience when I need a OHO. Otherwise, I reach for the Radio Jack, my pick for the best production pocket knife ever.

73DCEAE9-CFCE-4493-9EE0-D7AAC4F7B38E_zpsrcto8l0m.jpg

I like your Radio Jack. I am carrying mine. It's a good looking knife and useful!

Cheers,
Curtis

Back