Traditional folders and watches/timepieces

You will probably find the MAM is a better slicer than the Opinel.😳

My two are, at any rate.
I didn't think or believe there was a better slicer than Opinel, until I got the MAM's.
It was really difficult to throw the opinel in the drawer and switch to the mam!

I love that sheepsfoot blade, it's crazy sharp and for the seemingly small size and weight it is a big knife when open.

Looking forward to seeing how it runs.

ACaEaKe.jpg

Is that a David V recover on the 85? I’ve got one I’d love to have done when he has an opening. Beautiful watch and strap.
You guessed correctly. The work was done by David Valdivieso. That knife was originally a dead skunk acrylic 2021 85 with the cap lifter. Thanks for noticing.

Weekend watch/knife

Ergon watch. I don't know if they are still making watches but it was (is?) a brand out of Singapore. Nice watch. All stainless. The whole dial is lumed. H-links are always welcome!

The knife is a Le Sabot Pradel that I've lovingly nicknamed chippy since it came with wood chips around a couple pins and the corner. Still in the honeymoon phase so it'll probably be in my pocket a while!

20230609_175527~2.jpg

I had this Schrade out today helping with removing bark from a few Walnut logs that will hopefully become some beautiful pieces of useful wood.

Weekend watch is an overhauled ut6498 from a trashed 1970s pocket watch that was used in "marine" watch build. The watch I wanted was over a grand, which ain't happenin! Using good quality parts, this one cost about a tenth of the price to build about 4-5 years ago. It even uses the same watch movement, just an older version.

20230624_183914_Outfocus~2.jpg20230624_183559~2.jpg

Just when I think BF can't cost me more money, I do a deep dive in this thread. Long story short, I went from owning 3 watches to 15 in a fairly short amount of time. 😆
Most recentl, I got this Tissot gent xl for what feels like a steal given its quality. Paired with a personal favorite, my Ulster electrictrian.

20230627_084817.jpg

Just when I think BF can't cost me more money, I do a deep dive in this thread. Long story short, I went from owning 3 watches to 15 in a fairly short amount of time. 😆
Most recentl, I got this Tissot gent xl for what feels like a steal given its quality. Paired with a personal favorite, my Ulster electrictrian.

View attachment 2232683
Knives cured my watch habit, until they didn’t lol

Some standard work stuff during the week.

Modified Klein that I'm already wearing down, opinel in the side pocket and the casio ga2100.

I would have never thought I'd like a G-Shock. Not my style at all, but this thing rolled through the door last year and has filled the role of work watch most days.

20230628_220908~2.jpg

Back