Traditional French Fry day

Nice old Laguioles, J-M!! When were they ugly??:rolleyes::D

50007503618_267813fd16_z.jpg

very cheap horn with a red varnish to make it pink, very poor assembly.
o_O

Â

Hello Charlie,
He is not a pro , he has also modified the Massoptier I've sent to you .

Â
He keeps the charm of an older knife while improving it's looks and function!! A very good approach!! I understand he's enjoying himself!!:thumbsup:
As much as I like mint, and new knives, I love the life imbued into an older, carefully-owned knife!!;)

I'm really enjoying your pictures of this laguiole in walnut. Is the walnut wood a softer or harder type of wood?

Thank you Joshua, jointly an explanation of the walnut wood, that I removed from a specialty website !!

«Texture
Walnut wood has a medium density, with a robust and strong constitution. Its surface is slightly rigid and has a striped fiber that gives it an original look and is easy to handle.
Durability
Walnut wood has high stability and is less sensitive to variations in temperature and humidity than other types of wood. It is considered one of the most resistant woods over time, even in adverse conditions for its conservation.
Characteristics
Walnut wood is one of carpenters' favorites because, despite its hardness, it is very pleasant and easy to work with, both hand and mechanical tools. It also impregnates paints and varnishes very well, both the core and the post, although it is slow to dry.»:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you Joshua, jointly an explanation of the walnut wood, that I removed from a specialty website !!

«Texture
Walnut wood has a medium density, with a robust and strong constitution. Its surface is slightly rigid and has a striped fiber that gives it an original look and is easy to handle.
Durability
Walnut wood has high stability and is less sensitive to variations in temperature and humidity than other types of wood. It is considered one of the most resistant woods over time, even in adverse conditions for its conservation.
Characteristics
Walnut wood is one of carpenters' favorites because, despite its hardness, it is very pleasant and easy to work with, both hand and mechanical tools. It also impregnates paints and varnishes very well, both the core and the post, although it is slow to dry.»:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, José!

Back