Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Pàdruig, Mar 1, 2017.

1. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    I certainly love blue and wood just as I love old knives, but there is a place in my shack for both, no problem.

Duckdog likes this.
  2. Lhpanther

Lhpanther Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2014
    C7865F8B-2A67-44B2-A15B-2EEC3538F189.jpeg My dad won this Ruger red label in a big buck contest when I was a kid. I promptly stole it from him :) So many wonderful memories behind this gun. Paired with a beautiful toothpick from Scott Sawby.

3. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    Lovely knife and I never met a Ruger I didn't like. I have never owned an O/U. Hmmmm... maybe I should.

Lhpanther likes this.
  4. Lhpanther

Mar 2, 2014
    let me encourage you to get one then! I’d love to add a matching 20ga so I can have a pair of them.

JB in SC and 315 like this.
  5. JB in SC

JB in SC Basic Member Basic Member

May 19, 2001
    Get the 28, it has true 28 sized frame. Feels like carrying a spear :)

6. Lhpanther

Mar 2, 2014
    Well, I’ll have to start looking now. Thanks Jerry

JB in SC likes this.
  7. JB in SC

May 19, 2001
    I think it’s a nice shotgun, hasn’t been made in quite a few years. I used it for quail, shells were too expensive for doves :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  8. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
  9. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    Nice! Tell us more about the Smith!

10. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    @tongueriver
    Still researching this one but what I do know is it's a Smith & Wesson commonly called a "pre 10". It's chambered for the .38 S&W center fire cartridge. The barrel has been shortened to 4" and re-blued.
    Waiting on Smith for additional info but based on the serial number it is probably pre WW2.

JSutter, willard0341 and JB in SC like this.
  11. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    Bought the Malanika drop point hunter off the Exchange here the other day and another member got the puuko. I couldn't find the motivation to buy both; I wish I had done so. Shown here with a pic of Dad back in the '30s with his 94. Hard times. This hopper fed us for three days. Takes a good knife to get through those exoskeletons, especially the legs (not much meat there anyway). grasshopper.jpg m2.jpg

12. tueller

tueller Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 16, 2012
    No way that’s real? Right?

13. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    OK, where are the gals with their guns and knives? Here is an item, February 1946 American Rifleman magazine. February back cover (Large).jpg

14. tongueriver

Dec 28, 2007
    Forgot the knife. Rudy Ruana, 1940s square cut. Daddy brought it home to show his sweetheart. She probably rolled her eyes. "Show me the bacon." rh1.jpg

chris97, Duckdog, Makael and 9 others like this.
  15. kamagong

kamagong Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2001
    Your dad was A.L. Butts? o_O

Will Power likes this.
  16. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011

The wife working on a new holster design for us:

[​IMG]

Big Glock 19, spare mag and her knife pretty much go away:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The deputies that teach her CCW class were after her to make this holster. They had something similar in kydex but wanted it in the horsehide she uses for her IWB holsters:

[​IMG]

Popping ground squirrels on the ranch with her Henry and she has her knife on too:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  17. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Cool design and great build.
    But as a guy, it always makes me uncomfortable to carry a gun pointed there. :eek:

18. JB in SC

May 19, 2001
    If i
    If it’s a Victory Model, it would have been parkerized and have a lanyard swivel. If the hole has been plugged, that’s a clue. .38-200, .38 S&W with a 200 grain bullet was the correct load.

19. Augie

Augie Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 23, 2014

You'll like this Cal, I have that Model 75 in my collection, early one 1941 with the mailbox front sight, mine has a vintage 6x Lyman Junior Targetspot set up for squirrel hunting, have the original Redfield rear micrometer sight if I want to switch it back to a target rifle. Knife is XX era Case large hunter.
    The 75 was one of the better position target rifles of the time, also used by the military as a trainer WW2. When I was shooting Junior NRA competition in the late 60's we had an armory full of 75's and 52's.

IMG_2060.jpeg IMG_2056.jpeg

20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I've got a holster (haven't used it in many years, as I prefer belt strong side, ankle, or pocket, depending on the firearm and situation) called "Thunderwear", which I used to carry a .357 Magnum J-frame. :eek::p

JohnDF likes this.