Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

I modified an 1860 replica to an "Avenging Angel" style revolver. Cut and re-crowned barrel and cut and welded grip.
I am a garage gunsmith....
I almost asked you before looking up avenging angel. I remember that LDS avenger from Death Valley Days, and James Coburn played him in a movie with Tom Beringer as a junior avenger and Charlton Heston as Brigham Young. And Tighe Andrews as a traitor whose plans fail.

That Luger is very old & possibly quite dangerous. Send it to me & I'll safely dispose of it for you.
You're welcome.:)
Ironbut, upon careful consideration of your selfless offer, I have decided rather than send it to you, lest it should fall into the wrong hands during transit, I will just lock it securely away in my safe.
Thank you for your generous offer,
Crappie71
🤪

Colt 1908 Vest Pocket and Camillus Two Blade Pen Knife

iOtAc8f.jpg
Really fine vintage pistol, is it still in working order?

Regards, Will

Right. Her posture is a result of the gun being a bit long for her, combined with her sitting down on a stool. Playing the violin has her in the habit of sitting up straight, I think it's a very natural position for her.

This being her first time, I was more concerned with teaching her gun handling and making sure she followed the four rules. I'll work on her posture and stock placement going forward.
My apologies - I did not intend to sound like I was lecturing you. It's just that I have had to work with so many ladies to try to get them to "unlearn" things like leaning back. I think it's wonderful that she is learning to shoot from you. "Teach your children well"

View attachment 1641275Based on this pic and your nom de guerre, I'm going to guess you work for USGS. Geologist?

Nice Single Six :thumbsup:
Nope but not a complete miss. I’m an archaeologist and work for a huge private consulting firm. I have; however, been both a Forest Service and Park Service employee in past (over 30 years ago, also as an archaeologist). The buckle is USGS, the belt is NPS. The USGS is just a cool agency, and I am particularly enamored with their work in late 19th and early 20th Centuries when they were mapping the west.
2BAE60D6-0026-43CA-9B4E-213BCC58D7D7.jpeg

Last edited:
Nope but not a complete miss. I’m an archaeologist and work for a huge private consulting firm. I have; however, been both a Forest Service and Park Service employee in past (over 30 years ago, also as an archaeologist). The buckle is USGS, the belt is NPS. The USGS is just a cool agency, and I am particularly enamored with their work in late 19th and early 20th Centuries when they were mapping the west.
I worked with several geologists over the years. Mostly from Missouri's Division of Geology and Land Survey or from private industry. Occasionally the feds would be involved. I was around an occasional archeologist, but generally by the time they hauled in an engineer ( wave.gif ) the archeologists had already done their thing and we knew if we had to work around something of significance, or if we could go hog wild moving dirt and things around as engineers are wont to do bulldozerevensmaller.png

All the talk of the BF knife and new 86's prompted me to grab one of my 86's, pictured here with a 66 ;) to stay on topic ( I had to double check to see what thread I was in :rolleyes: )
86 66-2.JPG

Nice! Ok, if we are brining out the big stuff, here is my Alaska carry (I’ve worked all over that state, southeast, interior, north slope and Aleutians…my avatar is a pic of me in karst on Kosciusko Island… this piece is under my arm and I was probably carrying a Buck but since you placed an 86 in your photo, I will too.DEBA5C2F-97EE-4241-B552-669436061645.jpeg

View attachment 1641339
I wish I had a hat like that middle one.

Back