Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

I've been waiting for this day a long time. Took my little girl shooting for the first time today.

51373331159_26a49aa961_c.jpg
You MUST get her to start leaning forward. Leaning back away from a gun is a really bad habit that almost all women seem to do when they start (it's a natural reaction to a beginner) When she graduates to something that generates recoil it will knock her over backwards if she leans back like that. You are so lucky to have a daughter willing to shoot. Keep snapping photos as she progresses. They will be priceless to you when she is grown and you are old.

You MUST get her to start leaning forward. Leaning back away from a gun is a really bad habit that almost all women seem to do when they start (it's a natural reaction to a beginner) When she graduates to something that generates recoil it will knock her over backwards if she leans back like that. You are so lucky to have a daughter willing to shoot. Keep snapping photos as she progresses. They will be priceless to you when she is grown and you are old.
Right. Her posture is a result of the gun being a bit long for her, combined with her sitting down on a stool. Playing the violin has her in the habit of sitting up straight, I think it's a very natural position for her.

This being her first time, I was more concerned with teaching her gun handling and making sure she followed the four rules. I'll work on her posture and stock placement going forward.

The second squirrel rifle, a PCP airgun. It's a Korean made Evanix AR6 Hunting Master Renegade in .22 caliber, the version that has 42 ft. lbs. of muzzle energy with the heavy 28-1/2 grain Korean pellets made to use with it. It's a six shot revolver, having a bored through cylinder and can be fired double action as well as single action, although the trigger pull is considerably heavier in double action mode. You can get off six shots very quickly even in single action as cocking the hammer doesn't require much effort or jostle the rifle around on your shoulder like bolt action or lever action PCP's do. Along with my Boker WC Davis Hunter II.
dw95pFH.jpg

That looks like an excellent combination you've got there. Always wanted to try handgun hunting for squirrels but never quite made it there.
Thanks Phil in Alabama! It’s a really good shooting setup with 40 gr Mini Mags, I can usually hit squirrels out to about 25 yards, but I have gotten them further than that. I tried air rifle hunting with several different rifles, but I’ve been more successful with this Ruger.

Your entire setup looks compact, light in weight, comfortable to carry and use. What's the knife?
It is easy to get this setup through the woods. The knife is custom made by JC Ryan from Fairfield, VA. It is 440 stainless black linen micarta; it’s a great small game and trout knife.

Back