Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Here you go. I should point out that its a 37A and not a 37. I once talked to a guy at a gun show that had half dozen model 37's for sale. Without telling him I had an "A", I asked him what the difference was. He proceeded to expound on the vast superiority of the 37 over the 37A. I never bothered to do any research on the matter. All I can say is this particular 37A has always done what it was supposed to do View attachment 1631537

With the aforementioned model 190, and a knife, because this is BF after all ;)
View attachment 1631538

View attachment 1631539View attachment 1631540View attachment 1631541View attachment 1631542View attachment 1631543
I did a quick goober search on these, and found that the 37A was made in Canada by the Cooey company. I think they called the same firearm the Mod 84 in Canada. I think the hammer/opening lever positioning is reversed between the two models, and opinions on which version is "better" is pretty much split down the middle, from what I read. It probably depends on which version the opinion-giver owns.
One guy said he had several Mod 37's and a few more Mod 37A's.... and he preferred the 37A version.

Opinions are like....... well, you probably know the rest. YOUR opinion on it is pretty much all that matters...

Kimber Hunter 22 and A.G. Russell Gent's Hunter ready for squirrel season!
Ln50sgi.jpg

I believe I had put this display case picture up on this thread before, but... Since my display contents are always being shifted around, this is the latest view of it.

The two cap & ball revolvers are an Uberti Remington New Model Army reproduction, and a Pietta Colt 1860 reproduction.
And, of course, some traditional fixed and folding knives are in the mix to add some interest and diversity.
Well, actually, the traditional knives AND some other "do-dads" to add that interest and diversity 😉

Last edited:
What a great idea- to change up the display once in awhile!
Well, I will admit to having two different reasons for doing so...

*For one, I sometimes get an idea that this combination of items will look best with this or that item being included or moved to another display, prompting my swapping this or that from here to put over there sort of a thing.

*And secondly, I'm always adding new "interesting objects" into my collection, and that requires playing a lot of musical chairs with the items I have in order to fit my latest acquisition(s) in. It keeps things from becoming too stagnant, that's for sure! lol! 😆

Back