Traditional mug shots

I just saw the Mod. reproof. Sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful. It was a joke.

You should try to get a pipe for the bird as well - that would be cool! Just kidding!

Great pics everyone :)

Thats me some months ago on a fortress near my hometown

From November
Beard%2520Nov%252013.JPG

I'm giving this thread a friendly bump, as I'm guessing there are some newer members who may not be aware of this Rogues' Gallery-- and in hopes of new faces to be added herein! ;)

Here I am this past August, walking away from my married son after we danced together at his wedding reception:

EndofDanceed.jpg~original

~ P.

Sarah - This has to be one of my favorites in this entire thread...poignant moment. Three of my kids have already married, two left to go, so this brings some emotions to me.

Here's one of me, from a big Halloween party we had on the Battleship New Jersey in Camden, a few years back. I like a good costume party. ;)

battleship.jpg

My most recent picture of the wife and I with our granddaughter Annalynn on her 4th birthday.

ALwGPs_zpsc7cba6ac.jpg~original

Great pics....Can you tell me what sort of turkeys those are?...here in NZ we only have one breed and i think theyre called MIRIAMS??..they are very stupid and not considered a game bird here...FES

Motley Crue...Fes on left after brother emigrated with the razor................................FES

Fes,
Those are what we call Eastern Wild Turkeys. Your Merriams likely came from the US, they are more prevalent in the Western US. We also have Osceola and Rio Grande sub-species in the US. If you get one of each you have what they call the "Grand Slam" of turkey hunting. They are not dumb here (at least the wild ones), they do have a tendency to become less afraid of humans in suburban settings or when people feed them. Both of those turkeys pictured took me five days to locate and pattern. Turkey hunting is a LOT of fun!

Erik

Here's one of me after the foot of snow early this January

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390356870.639526.jpg

And one of the family getting our tree this Christmas.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390356923.929382.jpg

Fes,
Those are what we call Eastern Wild Turkeys. Your Merriams likely came from the US, they are more prevalent in the Western US. We also have Osceola and Rio Grande sub-species in the US. If you get one of each you have what they call the "Grand Slam" of turkey hunting. They are not dumb here (at least the wild ones), they do have a tendency to become less afraid of humans in suburban settings or when people feed them. Both of those turkeys pictured took me five days to locate and pattern. Turkey hunting is a LOT of fun!

Erik

ERIK...Thank you for the explanation...The turkeys here will roost in the bush edge or on fences,as they graze pastureland during the day..There are no natural predators to keep them wary,and there is no satisfaction in hunting them ..Our children hunt them as a natural progression to ducks and then upland game.......FES

Glad to see this one up top again. I posted one from November 2012 of me alongside my dad and son on page 13, so I guess an update is in order.

My wife snapped this shot of me checking emails while we were waiting for the pepper eating contest to begin at our local hot sauce festival last September. Bought the t-shirt that day, which gave me a discounted price on their beers for the rest of the festival (also made it much easier for her to find me in the crowd!).

1235157_328549853948788_1407560682_n_zpsb383b0ff.jpg

My son and I mugging for the camera when I was visiting him six days later. He and I both have four months fuller beards now.

IMG_00000538_zpsae802711.jpg

Last edited:
Back