Trashing BladeForums.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spark, You're right. Let us all "Do no harm." AKA, "If you can't say anything nice, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!" 'nuf

Joe, please do a blade design forum here.

My $.02, Thanks for listening. Chris

Joe,

I'm all for you doing a knife forum here as well. Seems like everyone is on the same page and would like you to do one over here on BF.

I finally peeked in here expecting an ugly thread and wondering why it had stayed open so long. Well, it is ugly, but there is also some beauty in the civility some folks have shown, and some promise in the possibility of a new forum. That's why I love it here on Bladeforums - often the silver linings are bigger than the clouds.

I'm all for a Design Forum. I'd love to keep all my rants against tanto points and chisel grinds in one place
wink.gif
And if Mr. Talmadge would like to host it, that would be fantastic - I'm constantly impressed with his wisdom, info, and his even and calm demeanor - the last something I especially hope to emulate some day (in the distant future, if ever, it seems).

-Drew

We NEED a Design, Function and Test Forum on this website! As it is those threads either get buried in the general forum which nobody who has a life has time to keep up with, or drop into the Shoptalk Forum and don't get much attention because only people who are interested in making knives hang out there, or disappear in the Reviews Forum because only people who are looking for knife reviews go there....

(By that way, I'm currently keeping up with most threads in all three of those forums, so if anybody feels I've insulted you, please note there's no need to flame me ... I've already done it for you....)
smile.gif

-Cougar Allen :{)

Snickersee - I am surprised that you would judge my entire character on one metaphor. I had trouble coming up with a description for the feeling and I knew that some people that experienced it would probably not like my description. Something like the feeling of being stabbed or stabbing someone...something that I have experienced both of...is very subjective. It entirely depends on the situation and where the knife crosses among a hundred other variables.
One person says getting stabbed "hurts like Hell", the other says it "feels like getting punched". For me it felt like getting punched and I didn't even realize there was a knife until I saw the blood gushing. Who knows how many descriptions we can come up with for what it feels like to cross steel across a person's bones, but don't assasinate my character for my poor writing ability and lack of imaginative description. It is hard to describe such an event and the feelings one experiences are entirely their own.

For others:
Spark, Mike and I go a ways back and so do the others here on this forum. Joe Talmadge, James Mattis, Steve Harvey among others and I were chatting knives on the Benchmade forum long before most here knew that knives and the internet had merged.
Spark and I discussed putting my forum here a long time ago, but I told Spark that I had already agreed to put my forum on Earl's Knifeforums. I felt that just turning around and taking the idea here would be unethical when Earl had invited me first over the phone, so I chose to stay on Knifeforums. To me, character counts, and it seemed only right to stick to my word.

I would like to admonish people not to group us together in an "us vs. them" mentality. There are moderators over on Knifeforums who are very fine people and have nothing to do with the problems coming from one or two people. Knifeforums split into Bladeforums because of differences with a very few people who ran them, so let's not make it into something it isn't. There is no "us vs. them", just two different forums housing originally the same forumites, run by two different administrations. It is unfair to lump together the moderators who are caught in the middle as if we are all a team. I don't even check the other forums on Knifeforums but mine own, and only when I have time. So I have absolutely no idea what is going on here, but I do know that myself and most other moderators have nothing to do with it.

As far as my credentials, I have never been hard to find. I post where I work, where I workout, who I workout with, where I go to school, and my referrences. I have more than one personal student who participates on these forums and more than one person who, through my forum and guidance, met up with world class teachers of mine for training and have asked them about me. There are plenty of people on these forums that have met me and/or trained with my teachers and verified who I am. My credentials are easy to follow up on, I have always given an open book of myself on the 'net and no one has yet to be disappointed when following up on those credentials and guidance. There are people on these forums that have known me quite closely for over two years now. I think that if I had something to hide, it would have come up by now.

Unfortunatly, because my schedule is growing tighter with every month, I don't get over here much, and I rarely even get to my own forum. I came to this thread because a friend told me that someone who I have never even heard of has chosen to slander me behind my back.

As for slandering me far behind my back, deep in a forum that I am known not to frequent anymore, under an assumed name...well, that is just cowardice. I am not hard to find, either by my forum or by person. I suspect that people would not be so quick to talk so beligerently if we were face to face.

[This message has been edited by thaddeus (edited 13 August 1999).]

Glad you could make it, Thadeus. I have little intrest in KnifeForums, so I'm not registered there. If you would like, I can register there and come poop in your sandbox.

I'm sorry but I don't know you, I don't know where you work, I don't live in your state, and I have seen no leads that I can follow up on to tell me wether or not you're pulling these stories out of your ass or not, additionaly I do not know of anyone who I know has known your in person and not over the internet and whose word I hold above suspicion.

As such, I have to judge you based on the words you write. I have a real hard time buying some of the stuff you write being that I've seen a lot of that stuff so I know a thing or two about what it's like.

It's really easy to list battle scars and experience, in fact too easy;

decapitated in Vietnam
evicerated by wild dog while camping
pecked to death by ducks
trained with Jules Mancini, world famous teacher of the Rambotron 4000 fighting system
Ten time world butttkicking champion

You see, talk is real cheap, especialy over the internet. That's why I encourage everyone to not believe my word and rather try stuff out for themselves. Documentable fact and reproducable results are far more valuable than anecdotal stories, if not quite as fun. Hey, I tell'em too.

Anyway, I'm not affraid of anything, I would stand toe to toe with you screaming at the top of my lungs if that would satisfy you that I am not too cowardly to say what I have to say to your face. Tell me where you want me to post my concerns and I will. You should be grateful I kept my comments to this forum and didn't blab it in every newsgroup and forum and mailing list I could find. Imagine what a mess that would be. All those people getting the wrong impression about you.

In the mean time, prove me wrong. If you really are what you say, convince me.

I'm reminded of a story printed in a local newspaper a number of years ago about a man who went to stay with some Inuit and was commenting on their eating of raw organ meats to provide vitamins and nutrients more commonly found in plants, particularly in regards to the eye of a walrus or something, an eyeball anyway;

"He(the Inuit guide) assured me that this thing wouldn't make like a cherry tomato. He was either lying or had never eaten a cherry tomato."

Well, bones aren't anything like ceramic. I have to assume, being that I can only go by what you write, that you are either lying or have never tried to cut ceramic.

Sorry if I'm so skeptical, but there are just too many people that are passing themselves off as something they aren't, and I don't know you from Adam and have no reason to intrinsicaly trust you, no matter how long you've been on the internet.

Feel free to contact me at either my personal e-mail address or via this forum to express any concerns and/or observations you have.

Fair enough. If you choose not to believe who I am, I can live with that. If you choose not to believe the other people on these forums that know me very well, I can live with that too. Truth is, I have nothing to prove and my life will go on with you convinced that I am dishonest. You are right to question what you read and I would hope that all others do the same. Just keep in mind, as I said, that there are many people here that know me very well, some personally, some I train with. If there was some story fabrication going on here, it would come out. I am who I say I am, I am comfortable with that. I will guarantee you though, that if you were standing before me screaming at the top of your lungs that I am a fraud, that you would not be doing it for long. And, of course, all I mean by that is simply that you seem to only believe that which you see firsthand, and demonstrations are the best way to show proof.

maybe you can both agree on this:

as you both continue with what has essentially boiled down to a "my d*ck is bigger than yours" argument, everyones opinion of you is decreasing exponentially.

both of you are smart enough to realize that these kind of verbal battles never go anywhere except south... then the thread gets locked, and everyone stays pissed at each other.

Ok, this is crossing the line.

Snickersnee, if you want to have a pissing contest with Thaddeus, please take it off the forums, as it's not serving anything here, and I for one am not interested in dealing with any preening contests, as my schedule is quite busy
biggrin.gif

Otherwise, this thread has run it's course and is now closed.

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back