1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Tree Chopping Challenge **TREE DOWN!!!**

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by KnottyEagle, Feb 14, 2013.

1. KnottyEagle

KnottyEagle

Aug 10, 2012
    I'm glad your having fun. I'll watch those videos when I get home from school.

2. pistonsandgears

pistonsandgears

Aug 12, 2011
    Pretty funny, you'll have to do a time lapse video once you finally fell that thing to condense the process from start to finish. Be careful that thing doesn't fall on you.

3. KnottyEagle

KnottyEagle

Aug 10, 2012
    Using that machete would ruin the challenge part of it, but it would still be fun to chop a tree down with.
    That's a good idea. I'll see about doing one. I'm careful. Having that thing fall on me would suck big time.

4. KnottyEagle

KnottyEagle

Aug 10, 2012
    Here are the pictures that I took today.

The "front" of the tree that I've been chopping at the whole time.
    [​IMG]

To the left.
    [​IMG]

To the left some more again.
    [​IMG]

Left again.
    [​IMG]

Now we're all the way around.
    [​IMG]

A shot of the tree from a few feet back.
    [​IMG]

5. greeenie

greeenie

Nov 27, 2012
    Omg, ur in for the long run aren't u. Good luck

6. KnottyEagle

KnottyEagle

Aug 10, 2012
    Hell yeah I'm in for the long run. This things going down.

7. Crone

Crone

Aug 8, 2012
    A cool idea for pictures as you progress, get a tape measure to display the slowly dwindling circumference. :D
    Good luck!

8. Ridgeback08

Ridgeback08 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Hahahaha, this is awesome! Best of luck.

9. brianv

brianv

Oct 23, 2012
    I applaud you on your efforts! It is amazing! Not knowing anything about where you are doing this, please, when the time comes make sure you have a place for the tree to fall that will accommodate the height of the tree without damaging anything and always have an escape route.

10. asm3686

asm3686

Dec 5, 2012
    Wow dude I call that progress keep it up!

11. KnottyEagle

KnottyEagle

Aug 10, 2012
    That's a good idea. I'll try to take some pictures after each chopping section.
    Thank-You. I have walked around and made sure that the tree won't damage anything. I've also looked at some escape routes and cleared them of anything that might potentially get in the way.

12. KnottyEagle

KnottyEagle

Aug 10, 2012
    I won't be able to do any chopping today. I think tomorrow, I can get a little bit in the afternoon. Sunday, I will also try to make a lot of progress. Thanks for all of the support.

13. Moxy

Moxy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2011
    LMAO!

You know when I first saw this thread I thought there was no way in hell he'll keep at this. But I applaud your progress thus far.
    When (if) you finish you must retire the knife forever in a sealed glass dome case. No task there after would ever be as epic. Then send it to Kershaw and they will put it in a place of honor in their showroom. People will come from all over the world to bask in the ambiance of this epic spectacle.

14. midnight flyer

midnight flyer Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 12, 2009
    OK, I had to subscribe. This thread is just too doggone entertaining.

Good luck, buddy! Give that tree what for!

Robert

15. KnottyEagle

KnottyEagle

Aug 10, 2012
    Ok, I want to say one thing, thank you guys. I don't think I could've continued on this challenge without you guys. You guys have given me tons of support and have always encouraged me to keep going and be safe. You guys are what's keeping me going and inspiring me to chop this tree down. Every time I read a good natured post, I feel special inside. Thanks again!

I know you guys are probably itching for another video or at least some pictures, but I won't be able to do anything today. I have to go to my brothers wrestling meet and then I have baseball practice afterwards. After that I've got friends coming over and I just won't have time.

16. sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Apr 16, 2012
    You'll be fine kiddo.

17. HEMI 1500

HEMI 1500

Jan 18, 2006
    I think that when you are done,,Get a picture of yourself standing next to the stump hold the knife,,,Maybe send Kershaw a copy,,,maybe they could put it on the website...Its a huge feat,,,I look forward to your progress

18. ono724

ono724

Jul 17, 2010
    LOL amen

19. roy06

roy06 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2012
    This is my first time viewing this thread. Now it's going to be like driving past an auto accident, I can't not look.

20. chester22

chester22

Feb 1, 2012
    Don't get Carpal Tunnel now.....