• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Tri-City Custom Knives reviews?

I had good dealings with TCK a few years back. I had been trying to contact them earlier this year re buying another knife but never heard back . Assumed it was covid related

Thanks tiger fan. I normally do not reply to stuff like this it does no one any good.

This is the response I got from Keith after refund was offered because he did not know how to flip the knife. There was no defect in this knife.
On May 27, 2020, at 8:48 PM, Keith Smith <kscastlerock@gmail.com> wrote:

I will get better money back by selling it through another company.
And I will definitely tell everyone I know about this transaction and they can decide for themselves if they want to buy knives here.

Matt
Sorry we have miss your calls yes we are closed. Only online for now the best way to contact us is by email.

Are you an official representative of Tri-City Knifeworks?

From reading your comments here I don't think I would buy knives from your website. Your comments indicate a lack of computer skills that would be worrisome for somebody that sold things online. I would have zero confidence that your website was secure and would not want to input my credit card and personal information there.

I hadn't heard anything negative about Tri-City before now...but their responses in this thread are big yikes, as they say.

I'm not sure if that person is a representative from tri city knifeworks or a troll, but based on those posts, I would avoid dealing with them.

I bought a Microtech Hawk auto from Tri-City 4 years ago. It arrived entirely non-functional and looking as if it had been stomped on, though the USPS shipping box was perfectly intact. When I contacted Tri-City, I was basically told by the store manager, "Too bad, it was perfect when it left". I called bullshit on that, let them know I was returning the knife, and that my credit card company would do a chargeback if necessary. I also told them that if anyone in my circles who was into knives ever asked me about Tri-City Knives, I'd relate the entire sorry experience to them so that they could make an informed choice of whom to do (or not do) business with. Within 3 minutes, Bill Hall --- who hadn't been "available" to discuss the matter prior to that moment --- emailed me several times in a rambling, volatile, typo-filled fashion making ugly remarks about how he & his felt about "threats", and that he didn't "do refunds". The content was so angry and goofy I still wonder if he was drunk when he wrote it. Anyway, it took 3 chargebacks over 18 weeks from my credit card company to finally get a permanent refund, because despite Tri-City Knives having signed for the returned knife, they kept re-charging my card (out of spite ?).

lol... The whole experience was an object lesson for me in the mistake of buying into the perceived trustworthiness of fancy knife websites, instead of asking other collectors about their own experiences with a given vendor. Lesson learned. I haven't bothered looking at Tri-City Knives website since.

Back