Triceratops Spy Pics!!!! . . . . Yowza!!! . . .The Nightmare Continues!!! . . . . 10-09-2021

I think
Here's the latest pic of the Triceratops project!

We are continuing to tweak the design . . . .

At this rate, these may prove to be rarer and harder to find than an actual Triceratops!!!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

View attachment 1657043
I think it's a cool/beautiful design. I'm simultaneously excited and apprehensive.
I've been really wanting a hawkbill lately (like a sus scrofa) for true utility. So this kinda fills that gap. That compound grind recurve and sharpened hawkbill combo, combining hawkbill, forward belly, and that nice captive recurve close by the handle seems like it could REALLY do a lot! And that thing is just aesthetically BAAAAD. Upsize it, dual wield, add some chains, and I turn into Kratos.
The grip looks great for a dedicated reverse grip. But for me, seems like it could/might be limiting to alternative grip and hand placement... Which might detract from the blade's overall utility. For me.

Maybe if we get some more in-hand shots to see how that grip size really looks... (I have Mechanix medium sized hands) that might help.

Regardless, still excited!

Here's the latest pic of the Triceratops project!

We are continuing to tweak the design . . . .

At this rate, these may prove to be rarer and harder to find than an actual Triceratops!!!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

View attachment 1657043
This looks perfect, I'm in for 3. It looks like a amazing art knife that I can actually use... I'm sure with a little training it will be a fantastic self defense blade ... Great job...

Awesome!!! I like it and will no doubt be getting one.

Just my view on ringed blades. I put them on my battle belt and mount them horizontally with the ring centered on my zipper.

Reasoning for the position is that it allows me to grab the blade with either hand and draw it, either strong hand reverse grip or weak hand overhand grip.

The reason I have moved to ringed blades on my belt are two fold. 1-the ring gives me the ability to hook a finger in and still pull it out if for some reason I had limited ability to get a full grip. 2-if using as a stand-off, if needed I can let it hang from a finger and still be able to engage my handgun without having to drop the blade or re-sheath it

I spent all day today at a handgun class with this setup

Arte Johnson would find this Verrrry Interesting. They’ll sell “like flapjacks.”

mayve missed it, was this planned as a full release or like a ganza style

Awesome!!! I like it and will no doubt be getting one.

Just my view on ringed blades. I put them on my battle belt and mount them horizontally with the ring centered on my zipper.

Reasoning for the position is that it allows me to grab the blade with either hand and draw it, either strong hand reverse grip or weak hand overhand grip.

The reason I have moved to ringed blades on my belt are two fold. 1-the ring gives me the ability to hook a finger in and still pull it out if for some reason I had limited ability to get a full grip. 2-if using as a stand-off, if needed I can let it hang from a finger and still be able to engage my handgun without having to drop the blade or re-sheath it

I spent all day today at a handgun class with this setup

Thank you for giving your reasons. #2 is something I'll think about more......I hadn't thought of.
The whole Breaking my fingers easily has always been my reason not to see rings of value.....

Thank you for giving your reasons. #2 is something I'll think about more......I hadn't thought of.
The whole Breaking my fingers easily has always been my reason not to see rings of value.....

Yeah, ring pommels have lots of utility, for instance on Bird & Trout knives where you're alternately cutting & grab/gut...

14196173_1005158532916055_1032508064003410744_o-768x572.jpg

Back