Trio Thursday

My 3 most recent acquisitions. A curly oak Muk, a cpm154 Recluse and some cornflower blue goodness on an Arete.

20150611_115152_zps4ezjrvhz.jpg

My 3 most recent acquisitions. A curly oak Muk, a cpm154 Recluse and some cornflower blue goodness on an Arete.

20150611_115152_zps4ezjrvhz.jpg

Very nice threesome! You scored with that stainless recluse. I was very close to pulling the trigger on 2/3ds of those blades.

I couldn't believe how long that Recluse sat in the flea market. Maybe it had something to do with Blade Show being so close. I've never had or been very concerned about having a stainless hunting knife but it's a bonus. This Recluse will be in my pack during hunting season this fall.

I couldn't believe how long that Recluse sat in the flea market. Maybe it had something to do with Blade Show being so close. I've never had or been very concerned about having a stainless hunting knife but it's a bonus. This Recluse will be in my pack during hunting season this fall.

:thumbup: At least you know you can use and abuse and put her up wet. She's got a nice grind.

I think these 3 compliment each other nicely. Looking at them all together is tempting me to pull the EDCII from the flea market.

Ironwood trio from top to bottom:

Fiddleback Shank
W.A. Surls Field and Stream
Jarrett Fleming Itty Bitty

LRG_DSC00990_zpsi27brudw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Please pardon the camera phone pics but I only have these together for a day to get a few pics up. We have here 3 curly mango patch knives in various colors, blade thickness and handle thickness. The green mango patch is being given as a wedding gift this Sat to the female half of the couple. Out of the 3 I definitely prefer the black handled patch for my mitts. The balance and handle shape are a great match for me. A bit of info about each knife for you...

Black dyed is SFT 1/8"

- Slightly rounder handle between 1st & 2nd sets of pins, balance on the 2nd set of pins

Natural mango is SFT 5/32"

- More oval between 1st & 2nd pins, balance 1/4 inch in front of 2nd set of pins

Green dyed is 1/8" with the wickedest TT I've ever seen. Tapering to slightly smaller than 1/32".

- Thinnest Fiddleback handle I've handled yet. Balance is centered between 1st & 2nd pins. Normally I'd say it's for small to petite hands but it's the most agile of the bunch and offers a fantastic feeling of control for small precise cuts.

jR6NVLz.jpg

Mf0tBF5.jpg

wH4CLby.jpg

9fWtWZk.jpg

Now to wrap up the green until the wedding when I'll present the Green Mango Patch and a Terracotta Buschcrafter in their Heber sheaths to the bride and groom. Definitely thinking of putting a bottle of CVS Laxative aka mineral oil at the top of the box ;-) More pics to follow I'm sure.

Man, I really hope one of my preferred models comes up in ruby burlap and bolsters soon. I'm really diggin' that combo!
Nice pic Danny.

Man, I really hope one of my preferred models comes up in ruby burlap and bolsters soon. I'm really diggin' that combo!
Nice pic Danny.

What are your preferred models? Besides the ladyfinger

What are your preferred models? Besides the ladyfinger

Hey Phillip.
I'd have to say either the Esquire or Hiking Buddy in 1/8" or thinner. Especially the Esquire. It's my current EDC.
I think I could force myself to settle for a Palmer just like someone else's that I've seen ;)

Back