Try to Sell me an alox vic

For the tweezer and toothpick hygiene nerds:
show_image.php

Theres even a tiny pocket clip available from Vic for the Swiss card but it replaces the file. I could never pick up anything with the tweezers.

A287_1_20140529529878103.jpg

Yes, I actually have one and the clip too. Imma nerd.

Last edited:
My first SAK, aged eight, was a cellidor model which lost its scales within a year. Since then, it's been alox for me. I have tweezers in the Leatherman Style PS in my IFAK, and can whittle a toothpick if I need one.

For heavy use, Alox handled SAKs are more durable and the blades are thicker so can withstand more hard use. Cellidor (ABS) handled ones are much lighter to carry, warmer in-hand, hold a toothpick and tweezers and are familiar to most anyone who sees you use it. (I used to work in a knife shop and have sold many, many SAKs.) :cool:

For the tweezer and toothpick hygiene nerds:
show_image.php

Theres even a tiny pocket clip available from Vic for the Swiss card but it replaces the file. I could never pick up anything with the tweezers.

A287_1_20140529529878103.jpg

Yes, I actually have one and the clip too. Imma nerd.
My first vic was a Swiss card light, and I don't think I would've liked the standard Swiss card due to the nail file.
Being able to also use it as a money clip is kind of a cool idea though.

Technically I don't think the Swiss cards are legal here in California though because you end up having a concealed fixed blade, but I doubt the police would try to confiscate it or anything.

First let me correct my post. It should read: If they can make a Ti handle with tweezers, why not an Alox handle? The Ti SAK is a custom. It was built to my specifications by Robert Lessard aka sakmodder. He lives in Canada and runs a custom SAK business. Try Sakmodder.com
I don't think he does Alox handles any longer.

No matter what other knife I carry for edc, whether it be a modern folder, traditional folder, or fixed blade; there's always an Alox Cadet in my left front pocket. It usually gets used at least once a day for tightening screws, light prying, opening a bottle of root beer, etc. The Alox is thin, small, lightweight, and takes up so little space in my pocket, that there's no real reason not to have it with me.

I've tried other models, with more gadgets, but I'm never far from a tool box; whether it be in my truck, barn, kitchen or basement, so I don't need all the extra stuff.

Pick up some ti or copper scales from swiss bianco and have the best of both worlds. They have the cut out for the corkscrew/screwdriver, the pin, the tweezers, and toothpick.

yep, anodized aluminum. my guess is it is a european thing, like Inox to describe stainless, but I may have just made that up.

yep, anodized aluminum. my guess is it is a european thing, like Inox to describe stainless, but I may have just made that up.

Inox actually comes from the word "Inoxidable" which means "no-oxidable", literally translated as "non-oxidizable"
Alox comes from the union of "Aluminum Oxide", or in its chemical abbreviation "AlOx", knowing that the oxidization process that the Aluminum undergoes is often called anodization

:thumbsup:

Funny how the word "actually" in that post makes it sound like you disagreed with me, even though you didn't. Funny word that.

whatever you pick be aware that bug repellant like "Off" will destroy your pretty red plastic scales!
Revvie

You can get what ever 91mm Celldor model you like, then change the covers.
Swiss Bianco (they are in the manufacturer's area) has both nylon and solid copper covers for the 91mm SAKS, with provision for the toothpick, tweezers, pin and pen.
I want to get a set of copper covers for my Huntsman.

Edit: I just went to their website.
They have Titanium scales for the 91mm SAK's now, as well. Several different anodized finishes, too.

Last edited:
Back