1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Try to Sell me an alox vic

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Hickory n steel, May 16, 2017.

1. lonestar1979

lonestar1979

Mar 2, 2014
    All alox models are easily worth the money and are some of best pocket knives around.they are thinner and lighter than their celidor counterparts and more durable.

jackknife likes this.
  2. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Iirc, I recently saw sakmodder had posted on YouTube a discovery of his, that allows him to make a small "drawer", for lack of a better word, to be built into the linerless alox models. Very, very ingenious, it permits one to carry about three or so of the small items absent on the alox versions: i.e. toothpick, tweezers, small pen, etc. Admittedly a somewhat tight fit, but again, iirc, he makes it large enough to hold the very smallest fire starting rod one can purchase, obviously without a handle on it. Maybe the coolest little mod I've ever seen.
    Thanks, Neal

3. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    Wouldn't say lighter, I'm pretty sure the pioneer x is about 10grams heavier than a climber, (I'd guess a tinker would close the gap a slight amount) Thinner and more durable, yes, thicker blades, and a thinner overall package, I'd give it that.