Tuna Valley Photography

Rookie82

Gold Member
I really like my small collection of Tuna Valley knives. And I also love the high quality photography that you guys take of your knives. I thought I would start a thread that puts these 2 together. Here are my best pictures of my Tuna Valley knives.

1906 pearl ladies knife
2013 Swell Center Moose in Burnt Stag
2014 Fish Scaler in Buffalo Horn
2015 Railsplitter in Buffalo Horn
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Great shots and knives Rookie. :thumbup: The teardrop and mammoth scout are gorgeous. Well done

Fantastic collection you have there, Rookie. Great pictures as well. I really like the stag on that moose.

Thanks guys. I like that moose knife a lot, I wish the stag on the mark side was as eye-catching as it is on the pile side. Still a great knife though.

Dang, what a collection! Do you actually carry any of these? I'm debating dropping my teardrop in my pocket.

I have carried a few of them a few times, mostly just to show other people, I've never cut anything with them. I carried them inside their velvet pouch. I didn't want pocket scratches on any bolsters in case I need to sell one in the future. In my mind, if they are carried inside the velvet pouch, I can still call them "uncarried". :)

Whew, that is a looker Rose. I'd like to see Tuna put out some more jigged bone like that.

Personally, I'm torn as it is a quite valuable knife that i might want to sell someday and yet the pattern begs to be used! The EO notch and kick line up perfectly with my fingers for a very comfy grip. On the other hand if I scratched the bolsters on this beauty it'd kill me.
G2emZsr.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Dr. The way I feel about carrying and using vs. not: Yup, I like a new knife, love the shininess of it, etc. But I also really love carrying my knives, seeing a patina develop, fondling and "worrying" it throughout the day. I sometimes think about the value of it, and that it might be worse less if it's used, but I rarely sell one and even if I did, really how much value would be lost? The other thing is that I'm 58, if I'm around in a dozen years when I'm 70, I'll likely be handing my knives over to my girlfriend's kids, and they don't really deserve to have any, nor would they appreciate them- at all. And finally, if my Grandfather passed on a knife to me, would I rather it be a new, unused knife that he never carried, or would I rather have to one that he carried and used everyday, that has a lifetime of his daily activities worn into it? A no-brainer for me. So I carry what I like.

That said, that Tuna Valley that I just posted never see's pocket time... :)

Rose and Dr. you both have some beautiful knives. These are real beauties. Are most of these made by queen? These look great. How are the springs? I have really wanted to like Queen but what i have tried has had spongey and light springs. Tuna Valley knives made by Queen seem to be priced higher than their other lines so I would expect these are more limited and made to a higher standard, am I right? As far as to use or not to use, I'd say use them. Dr. that stag tear drop needs your pocket and to be fed fruit! Even if they are 1095 you can typically polish up patina. These knives look great as they are. However, IMHO they would be even better if they had a story written amongst them for others to be intrigued by.

Very nice pictures Dr. and Rose, I like em!

BearBug, the 2009 and 2010 Tuna Valley knives were made by Great Eastern. 2012 and after were made by Queen Cutlery. So the jigged redbone shown above is a GEC made in 2010. The teardrop is a Queen made in 2016. Queen advertises these Tuna knives as their cream of the crop line, even higher quality, handles, and fit/finish than their Schatt & Morgan line.

Hot Dang. :eek: What a collection! Your photos, as always, are stunning. I'm strongly considering selling off a few to buy a TV Gunstock, how does yours feel in the hand?

Without exaggeration, this gunstock is my favorite of all the Tuna's I have. Everything about it exceeds my expectations. It is such a well built knife. I spoke with Ryan Daniels before I bought it, and he said that the gunstock run was one of his favorites so far from the Tuna line. The extra details on the blade design, and the handles is quite nice. The bolsters aren't rounded too much, but are smooth enough to ride in a pocket without worry. Ryan said every one of these made was hand inspected more than once. I've only owned it 3 days, but as you can guess I'm excited about it. :)

Back