Tuna Valley Photography

Thank you Rookie, Paul and Gary :thumbup:

I'm nearly throwing this into rotation - but I find this very hard to do with such a stunning knife!

It was a nice day today in Pennsylvania, so I took a walk in the woods with this nice Tuna knife, and my camera and a tripod. And got a nice picture.
full

Last edited:
Took a nice walk during my lunch-break today and I think these 2 turned out pretty nice. 2012 Cigar Congress in Brazilian Cherry with dimpled bolsters.
full

full

Last edited:
Great photos of fantastic knives. The stag lockback is amazing.

Thanks guys.

I agree! Excellent photos of some very nice knives! There's a lesson to learn here. Use a tripod!

Yeah, there were a few lessons I learned for taking knife photos. #1 Tripod is a must. #2 Take about 200 photos, and expect about 5 of them to be nice enough to share with everyone. #3 Taking photos in the woods, and wearing camo, helps to make sure I'm not shown in the bolster/blade reflections.

I like what materials they put in Tuna Valley knives. I would love a Senator out of them with both blades having deep cut swedges and long pulls. To me they are the nicest traditionals before going into major money like Case/Bose or Customs. Come on GEC it's your turn to make small run higher end material knives. It doesn't cost that much more to produce higher end metal knives. I will pay the extra to have a higher end knife and it's still traditional. All you change is the materials and VOILA !

I used to think that GEC knives had some of the best Stag around but the Stag on these Tuna Valley's gives GEC a good run for the money. They aren't cheap but man, that Stag is nice!

I like what materials they put in Tuna Valley knives. I would love a Senator out of them with both blades having deep cut swedges and long pulls. To me they are the nicest traditionals before going into major money like Case/Bose or Customs. Come on GEC it's your turn to make small run higher end material knives. It doesn't cost that much more to produce higher end metal knives. I will pay the extra to have a higher end knife and it's still traditional. All you change is the materials and VOILA !

Yeah! That would be a cool one. Sometimes I have a heads up of what pattern is coming up next to be released, but I'm in the dark right now. I'm excited to see what comes out next. Typically the usually release new one around mid-July to early August, so that they have them available for sale at the Queen knife show in Titusville.

I used to think that GEC knives had some of the best Stag around but the Stag on these Tuna Valley's gives GEC a good run for the money. They aren't cheap but man, that Stag is nice!

I agree. They claim they "use only the highest quality natural handle materials" and I think they hold true to that. The only exception to the "natural materials" rule would be their TimeKeeper series, which is pocketwatch parts in acrylic, but I haven't dove into that pool yet.

Sorry guys, looks like dumb Photobucket is not allowing photos uploaded to their site to be used in other places, so all my photos are showing as blank. They want me to pay $399 per year to allow my photos to be shown on other sites, which is ridiculous. I'm going to upload them all to my server and host them myself. I'll get these shown again as quickly as I can.

No problem. Some of them are burned in my memory especially the latest single blade stag lockback from 2012.

It took a lot of screwing around, but I at least got all my images in this thread to show properly. I'll have to go back through other BF threads and re-link my images to the new hosting site.

Back