UG/CGG picture thread

Dennis, as I told you, this one above is one of the nicer (if not the nicest) UCG I have seen. It works so well with the MOP cabochon.

Gotta tell you, in addition to being a complicated design ..... she's a strange beast, to say the least. First .... she was born on April 30th, 2012. However .... she sports an S30V blade. Also, the frame slabs are from a much earlier period. The front side is stamped B09 and the rear, lock bar side, is stamped B10! Not sure (nor was Heather at CRK) why much older components were used when completing the knife .... but didn't much matter to me, as I liked the colors and the black MOP.

Where did you guys find that one? Wow!

I have been agonizing over this particular UG ever since Dennis first posted its picture. It is just one of those UG designs that I find especially attractive. When I saw it again in this thread I just couldn't ignore it any longer. It is always fun to have a special "project" to look forward to. :)

LW ..... I am sure you know that I spend as much time as possible (of the little time I have left on this Earth) searching for new beauties!!! Actually, I found this one at a well-known online dealer last July. Dealer isn't a paid member, so don't think I can mention the name. Will PM you.

I have been agonizing over this particular UG ever since Dennis first posted its picture.

Didn't you know .... agonizing over something is good for the soul!!! I am really looking forward to seeing what they work up for you!!

Let's start off the weekend swinging .... with my small Trapeze (a fine complement to LW's pair)

UGCGGSmTrap.jpg

A beautiful knife, displayed with outstanding photography. Exceptional presentation! :)
I especially like the lanyard.

A beautiful knife, displayed with outstanding photography. Exceptional presentation! :)
I especially like the lanyard.

Thank you kindly, good sir! I was so glad I found this one about 4 months ago. I would have to say that the Trapeze is my favorite, with respect to my CGGs. I like its simplicity, balance and the fact that the gemstones varied from knife to knife. I have seen at least 4 combinations of stones .... but would assume there are more. The only other small CGG I would like to find, would be a pristine Pheasant Tail. I would then have a hard time deciding which CGG would rule roost.

I am not sure I know just what the "Pheasant Tail" UG looks like. Might it be similar to the Small Sebenza 21 shown on the CRK section of Blade HQ, page 3, second row down, middle picture? I see that knife has recently sold but it was an attractive one to me......while it was available at least.

Well, we can't have them all.......... :D

The Pheasant Tail has a fly fishing lure on it. It's a unique and different design.

The Pheasant Tail has a fly fishing lure on it. It's a unique and different design.

Bingo. I don't want to steal anyone's pics, but it's easy to see what this CGG model (and it is a CGG model, not UG) looks like, just do a google image search for Pheasant Tail Sebenza. OR ..... those here who have them could post a pic .... come on .... I know you've got'em!!!! SCRATCH that ..... I see I was too late ....... glad MVG read my mind!!! And, I am finding that the Umfaan is just as sweet as the regular!!!

Let's start off the weekend swinging .... with my small Trapeze (a fine complement to LW's pair)

UGCGGSmTrap.jpg

We've GOT to get pics taken of both our knives together! Large and small, righty and lefty.....

We've GOT to get pics taken of both our knives together! Large and small, righty and lefty.....

I hear you! What would be equally neat is to see a group shot of all the stone combinations!!

Two of my all time favorite UG Sebbie's from the 90's. Love the fact one's got curves and the other straight lines, you know what they say about opposites.

Beautiful! I love virtually all of the early designs they did. Simple, well-balanced and they look fantastic on the Regular frame!!

Back