UG/CGG picture thread

I should get these out and take some quality pictures. You guys have all the photo skills! Lone Wolfe has the cool little one in the corner now.

ChrisHoldingSeb_zps4d3bc455.jpg~original

Last edited:
I started a thread, but wanted to add this great pic here since this is the Official UG thread...!!!

Out-Freaking-Standing .... each and every one!

Okay, let's get ready for the weekend with a new CGG model. It's from the new 2013 CGG offerings from CRK, the Gold Leaf. Just received this one today. She was born on May 16th, 2013. (And, because she's a new model, I will include multiple pics.)

LGSebGldLeaf8.jpg

LGSebGldLeaf11a.jpg

LGSebGldLeaf13.jpg

Thanks for sharing Dennis. I like this design and it reminds me of the old " Vines " CGG offered several years ago on the Regular Sebenza. On this one, I like in the bottom pic that it shows how deeply its cut into the Ti which only adds to its beauty. Mostly CRK only offers a few CGG every few years. This year they offered a ton of very different designs. Its only going to get more expensive for me as the years go on....lol.

On this one, I like in the bottom pic that it shows how deeply its cut into the Ti which only adds to its beauty.

It really is cut very deeply .... I'm going to call it my poor man's engraving! There are even textured cuts (probably from the CNC machine) outlining the base of the cuts as seen in this pic:

LgSebGldLeafDetail.jpg

Trust me, looks much better in person. When I saw one (and only one) pop up at BHQ ..... did not hesitate .... despite the fact that it was a large!

Last edited:
It really is cut very deeply .... I'm going to call it my poor man's engraving! There are even textured cuts (probably from the CNC machine) outlining the base of the cuts as seen in this pic:

LgSebGldLeafDetail.jpg

Trust me, looks much better in person. When I saw one (and only one) pop up at BHQ ..... did not hesitate .... despite the fact that it was a large!

Thanks for posting this one Dennis. It is the one CGG that really appealed to me when I first saw it.
The deep engraving nicely protects the gold coloring making this one an excellent choice for an edc Sebenza with some extra "class".
Congratulations on another fine addition to your outstanding collection. :)

Hey .... Flag Day is coming up this Friday (only reason I remember that is because it is also my mother's birthday). Let's get ready for the day with a little "Ole Glory. I was lucky enough to pick up this small (born May 1st, 2012) before CRK dropped spirograph from its offerings:

UGCGGSmOldGlor.jpg

I know y'all have others of these in various configurations (design and blade) ..... so let's do some Flag Day celebration!

Last edited:
I know, I was so bummed when CRK did away with the spirograph damascus. I don't mind the raindrop, but am not a fan of the ladder damascus at all. Spirograph was always one of my favorites and I never got one. Maybe someday, but now at a premium.

An early UG, by Chris Reeve:

P292_UG_cropped_zpsc36a0bc7.jpg

Nice UG. Is the #292 significant or is it just #292....??? I always loved the thumb studs on the P Sebenzas. Always seem to grab your thumb and open easily.

Nice UG. Is the #292 significant or is it just #292....??? I always loved the thumb studs on the P Sebenzas. Always seem to grab your thumb and open easily.

No special significance beyond that handle slab being the 292nd P slab to be manufactured. I remember Chris and Anne's decision to stop serializing the Ps, but I don't recall the last number prior to just marking them with the "P". I've not seen a P in the 300's . . . Yes, I really like the manually gimped thumbstuds. It's one of the nice custom touches that graces the early original Sebenzas.

Another weekend and another UG. Here is one of my newer ones. Born on March 28th 2013 ... this one has lots of bright colors. The center circular cut really stands out, as it seems to turn when light reflects off the cuts and anodizing as you rotate the knife.

UGCGGSmCtrgraph.jpg

Very Nice Indeed Dennis. You have some beauties there for sure. This one from the middle of page 2 is still my favorite though from the ones you have posted thus far...!!!

Here's what I consider my most complicated UG ..... this one with black mother of pearl cabochon. This small was born on 4/30/2012

Back