Ugliest Folders?

Stole this one from Bastid. :D

attachment.php

I've seen far more ugly "custom" knives than production ones. Sometimes it's just an overly gaudy selection of exotic materials that don't go together well, or a design that lacks both form and function. Or a mixture of both of those.

Not going to name anyones' work, but if you've seen it, you'll know it.

I've seen far more ugly "custom" knives than production ones. Sometimes it's just an overly gaudy selection of exotic materials that don't go together well, or a design that lacks both form and function. Or a mixture of both of those.

Not going to name anyones' work, but if you've seen it, you'll know it.

There's more than a few customs that exhibit that level of WTF-ery... :confused: It's kinda like the makers couldn't decide on the design and materials so they just slapped it altogether in one big confused lump.

:D

I alway thought the spyderco shabaria was hideous. I still do.
C59CF_L.jpg

Nothing about that knife appeals to me (Maybe the CF handles) Not saying it's a bad knife, just not for me.

The grip on the Shabaria sucks lol.
It looks uncomfortable and it is.

The Chokwe on the other hand had A LOT of appeal to me.
I love the knife.
The ergos are great, the knife is just great even though it looks different.
You have to try one to appreciate it.

Is the Kershaw ET an auto knife? Never really seen one before. Since you can depress the tail end and open and close the knife in a double action type way I could imagine someone taking a lot of heat for having one in one of those knife sensitive states.

On another note, the Direware Solo V2 is pretty ugly. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a well made, stout SOB and I want one pretty badly, but man is it out there.

solos1.jpg

I was browsing through some online dealer's sites today and found a few knives that I just couldn't help but think "why would they make that?" I'm not talking about fantasy, or cheap Chinese made knives. So, just for fun, post the ugliest folders you've seen produced by a reputable manufacturer (production or custom). One in particular that has always struck me as just plain UGLY is the Spyderco Chokwe. I know it is meant to have a traditional design but I think some knives just shouldn't be modernized. ;) Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Hey! I'll have you know that I collect Spyderco knives and I consider them beauti...oh, the Chokwe...er...you're right. ;)

The Delta ti-framelock was kinda growing on me, but in the end all of them were unappealing and overpriced - and the Delta folder costs as much as a Sebenza. I'd wait until dealers are putting em on liquidation, or an obscure ebay/pawnshop steal deal if I were ever to consider it.

At least it's easy to grind a wave out of the thumbhole.

Either way, Surefire should stick to making lights.

Best looking Spyderco ever made.

2u95x8o.jpg

I always thought the Valloton was the ugliest Spyderco ever made. The Spyder hole looks so out of place its almost absurd; almost like it was just stuck on top just to call it a Spyderco.

It reminds me of a Honda Civic with a big giant racing wing bolted to the back of the trunk.

Back