Ugly Knife Pics

Petunia D. Feeble

I once waved at Stevie Wonder…
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I'll applaud Spyderco all day long for bringing new and unique designs to market. Especially ones as avant-garde as this, but my word is it ugly!

Spyderco-Hundred-Pacer-Brown-Tan-G10-Satin-BHQ-67331-er-large.jpg
Spyderco-Hundred-Pacer-Brown-Tan-G10-Satin-BHQ-67331-er-side-large.jpg

Share your pics of ugly knives. If you own and love them please add your reasons why function overcomes unsightly form.

I don't think the Hundred Pacer is ugly. The blade shape is very attractive. The handle is a bit weird.

33_B90149-72_FE-4908-9_F26-613_BD68_EF807.jpg

I am a big fan of my Douk Douks. So slim and tough and as easy to get razor sharp as they are easy to carry. But, as far as looks go, to me they are in a strange superposition of somehow being both ugly and good looking simultaneously.

I'll applaud Spyderco all day long for bringing new and unique designs to market. Especially ones as avant-garde as this, but my word is it ugly!

Share your pics of ugly knives. If you own and love them please add your reasons why function overcomes unsightly form.

Yeah, that is one of the stranger looking folders when it is closed.

What with the bulging flat head screw, the multiple etchings, the wave jiggery pokery, the handle and the blade itself: I’ve just been slightly sick in my mouth.

I very much like the look of this one. The layered G10 looks just like the pattern of the snake it's named for. I also like the upswept blade shape and I'm a fan of XHP. I'll have mine in a few days.

Any emerson is horrific and gaudy looking

Whereas I don’t own Emerson knives, as a trained paramedic I see a very slight value in the chisel grind, as opposed to cutting someone out of a seatbelt with a Fairbairn Sykes. There are better tools for emergency medical work, however. Where I live, single use shears are de rigeur; blood tends to get everywhere, and you never know. Leatherman make a superb pair of folding shears with a belt/webbing cutter, and more.

For ‘hard use’ folders, I don’t need Emerson folders, but more power to those who love them. It is just a matter of taste. Besides, I am aware that EE is an esteemed expert in all sorts of things, he told us so himself.

I wouldn't call the Sebenza ugly. It's just rather plain. But one thing I do find unsightly on it are the panhead type screws. Hate the look of them. Why not use nice flat countersunk ones?

Back