Ugly Knife Pics

Chinese Kershaw, that is ugly and a pos too.
fx4gf8.jpg

Ugly, like beauty, is in the of the beholder... I can applaud that they build a quality made knife with quality materials but contrary to many on this site I can still post pics of nearly 98% of all Spyderco knives and say that I feel they are just plain ugly knives, hence why I own exactly zero Spyderco knives. (Although i did buy a dragonfly tattoo for the wife-to-be for her business trips to Chicago).

In my own personal collection, this is the ugly duckling of the bunch, but it's one of those, "it's ugly in a way that makes me like it" sort of uglies.
wF5IG2y.jpg

“Spyderco Vrango is an extremely practical cutting tool with a distinctive aesthetic style.”

Image%202017-10-29%20at%2010.47.52%20AM.png

I don't know about that. Although it's not quite my style, I think the Frank Fischer Battle is a pretty gorgeous knife (not my pic. I boosted it from Google)

IMG_3222.jpg

I actually always thought a pikal knife with a double recurved hooking tanto like this would be awesome.

Also while I agree some of the Spyderco ehtnic series are super fugly the Hungarian folder is a great modern take on a traditional Hungarian knife. The handle looks close enough to the traditional that it isn't a travesty.

Also I always thought the blade on the Spyderco Kris to be quite the impressive technical feat, even if it has a fugly handle.

Some real "Beautys" being shown here!! o_O

I like Spydercos.. BUT.. Some of the stuff they come out with just makes me shake my head!! Then I wonder how long until they are discoed!! Some times.. Not too long!! :D John

Last edited:
I usually like the looks of the Pikal knives that I see; they tend to look purposeful, aggressive and clean. So how did Spyderco, of all people, manage to produce this:

103gp.jpg

Betas me! That P'Kal is pure ninja, "going wushaa in the basement" nonsense. Who owns those things?!? :eek:

I have a ton of respect for Spyderco but they do drop some plunkers pretty often.

Back