Ugly Knife Pics

Oh YES! These threads are my all time favourite. Guys post it all, I'm talking fantasy, tactifool, and straight up POS knives. No hurt feelings plz!!!!!

Check out how seamless these inlays line up.
super_zoom.jpg

I visited my little bro's apartment and discovered this!
51vY-FRAbwL.jpg

Oh YES! These threads are my all time favourite. Guys post it all, I'm talking fantasy, tactifool, and straight up POS knives. No hurt feelings plz!!!!!

Check out how seamless these inlays line up.
super_zoom.jpg

I visited my little bro's apartment and discovered this!
51vY-FRAbwL.jpg
I found one of these on a bus once, it was blacked out though (that red "ridge" on the handle was still red though). I think I disassembled it for cleaning and never bothered to reassemble it. It's in a box somewhere.

The goofiest Spydercos seem to come as a result of attempting to make folding knives out of local traditional knives that are historically foxed blades.

Regardless of brand, maker, or knife, I am not a fan of "nightmare" grinds or any that have unnecessary ridges, angles, etc. Like a custom Microtech tanto that sticks a thick rib in the most useful part of the blade so it binds up in whatever you're trying to cut. Any sort of recurved Americanized tanto is fugly as sin, even moreso when the forward edge is also recurved.

Any emerson is horrific and gaudy looking
I would have to agree, and I may catch flack for this but I also can't think of a single ZT knife I've seen that I liked the looks of.
There's one knife I thought looked nice but then I remembered it was a mouse something.

The epitome of $4 Pak garbage

What you can get for $1 at the dollar tree.

An surprisingly decent little $3 auto that I bought because it's so ugly.

The goofiest Spydercos seem to come as a result of attempting to make folding knives out of local traditional knives that are historically foxed blades.

Regardless of brand, maker, or knife, I am not a fan of "nightmare" grinds or any that have unnecessary ridges, angles, etc. Like a custom Microtech tanto that sticks a thick rib in the most useful part of the blade so it binds up in whatever you're trying to cut. Any sort of recurved Americanized tanto is fugly as sin, even moreso when the forward edge is also recurved.

I don't know about that. Although it's not quite my style, I think the Frank Fischer Battle is a pretty gorgeous knife (not my pic. I boosted it from Google)

IMG_3222.jpg

I don't know about that. Although it's not quite my style, I think the Frank Fischer Battle is a pretty gorgeous knife (not my pic. I boosted it from Google)

IMG_3222.jpg
I think that knife's blade definitely belongs on this list, though the Damascus pattern is nice and the handle / frame doesn't look ugly.

I'll applaud Spyderco all day long for bringing new and unique designs to market. Especially ones as avant-garde as this, but my word is it ugly!

Spyderco-Hundred-Pacer-Brown-Tan-G10-Satin-BHQ-67331-er-large.jpg
Spyderco-Hundred-Pacer-Brown-Tan-G10-Satin-BHQ-67331-er-side-large.jpg

Share your pics of ugly knives. If you own and love them please add your reasons why function overcomes unsightly form.
It's one of those "only Spyderco" types of knives.

Some dude in Taiwan was like, "I want to make a folding knife version of my favorite local pit viper." And Spyderco was like:
tenor.gif

Last edited:
I'll applaud Spyderco all day long for bringing new and unique designs to market. Especially ones as avant-garde as this, but my word is it ugly!

Spyderco-Hundred-Pacer-Brown-Tan-G10-Satin-BHQ-67331-er-large.jpg
Spyderco-Hundred-Pacer-Brown-Tan-G10-Satin-BHQ-67331-er-side-large.jpg

Share your pics of ugly knives. If you own and love them please add your reasons why function overcomes unsightly form.
To each his own.
I find the blade very good looking.
Also like the color and pattern on the handle.
Id buy it.
But again, to each his own.

I find the Burger knives ugly as sin and sillly to boot.

I cant post pics at the mo, but nominate the 'Dwyer Turd Knife' for this thread.

I think the ugliest Spydercos are the ones where the Spyderhole creates a massive hump on the blade. Especially when the model is based on a custom that was attractive in its original form. I'm thinking of knives like the Tighe Stick and the Vallotton.
And while I'm picking on Spyderco, I also don't like many of their shrunken designs because they don't seem to make them narrower proportionally. They start with a wide blade and then shorten it so it becomes very stubby looking. I'm thinking of knives like the Dice, Lil' Lum and Para3.

Back