Umnumzaan little modify

my regular umnumzaan and my zt 0450 arrived today! I swear, if anyone wants a flipper small sebenza, I think the 0450 is as close as it gets. With that said, I CANNOT wait to do this mod to both. =)

My parts showed up yesterday in the mail, but the spacer is the Sebenza 21 style (solid/barrel profile) rather than the Umnumzaan profile (with the notch turned in the center). I'll call Monday to straighten that out, but people should be aware and make sure they're getting the Umnu-style spacer.

yeah my parts came in but it wasn't understood that I also needed the zaan spacers so I am calling on monday and ordering them.

My parts showed up yesterday in the mail, but the spacer is the Sebenza 21 style (solid/barrel profile) rather than the Umnumzaan profile (with the notch turned in the center). I'll call Monday to straighten that out, but people should be aware and make sure they're getting the Umnu-style spacer.

yeah my parts came in but it wasn't understood that I also needed the zaan spacers so I am calling on monday and ordering them.

What about your parts, guys?

I forgot to order the backspace, so i ordered it yesterday and it should be in on friday. I have been waiting to post pics until it is all in. lol

Could you use a stop pin bushing? It is smaller...

Has anyone tried this yet? I am just now stumbling on this mod and it looks awesome! I would love to do this to my small 21. I know the back spacer wont fit, but what about a stop pin bushing?

I can't thank you enough for posting this, Norvox! My Umnumzaan's lanyard pin had always bugged. I followed your lead and received my backspacer, pin and screw today. It's now perfect. 😀

Thank you!

I can't thank you enough for posting this, Norvox! My Umnumzaan's lanyard pin had always bugged. I followed your lead and received my backspacer, pin and screw today. It's now perfect. 😀

Thank you!
I'm glad you like it :D
Enjoy!

I did this to a Regular Sebenza several years back but with a stop pin sleeve. As mentioned, a Sebenza backspacer will stick out. Because the hole chamfering is not as wide/deep, the screw did sit a hair proud, but I did like the look and extra beefiness!

It's a really small thing but it made a big difference. The knife feels perfect now. Give it a shot. You'll love it.

Parts arrived on Monday gone and I will finally get around to assembling it tonight.. :D

Hello Andy,

I will be interested to see the knife when it is finished.
I might do this to my Zaan.

Was there a problem getting the parts to Aus?

Anthony

Last edited:
None at all mate. CRK were as easy as to deal with, just filled in the order form and emailed it to them, parts arrived in under a week. $5US postage.

All together (took me two days to find the little tube of CRK grease I put somewhere "safe"). Some pics tomorrow all being well... :D

Back