Uncle Henry collectors? Just curious.

j9mtmq.jpg

This 127uh was given to me by my parents in the early 80's. I misplaced it for many years and decided to go online and find one about five years ago. I found one that was taken from a display(merchandiser) and promptly paid to much for it. I realized that there were a whole line of uh's and that's when my collecting began. I also found out these knives were made not far from where a spent a lot of time climbing and skiing. When I realized the company had closed its doors forever I felt a little upset about the whole thing. A little more research and I discovered Canal Street. Not only did I wind up making close friends but Wally got me started making my own knives.(and another collecting addiction). I have a patent on a rescue knife and should be going to market in a month or two. After all this my 127 resurfaced. It is a great pattern. Still my favorite liner locker. The lb7 is one of my edc's. ( if that makes sense) i carry it in the cross draw sheath and although I really like carrying an antique cut co or my canal street canittler I have to say the lb7 gives me the best feeling. I have a bunch of lb7 knives and related stuff to share. Just have to get some pics together. I enjoy showing off my uh's but really enjoy the fact that there are still people who appreciate schrade and the knives they produced.
Jay

Last edited:
2f0akom.jpg

Also this is from the first catalog the 127 appeared in. I've asked everyone who would listen if they've seen a 127 as shown in this pick with no luck. I'm starting to believe it was only provided from the Art work dept. for a picture. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.
Jay

Re: The knives posted previously in posts 16,17,18,19 and 20.

All of the knives shown, were not production knives. Maybe Proto make up knives.

All were made after 1973 in the mid 1970's [about the time Camillus was making the Buck 301s]

#19. "The one bladed 885UH" looks to be a Line-locker.
After looking at post #77 and looking at the 77UH, the knife in post #19 is a 77UH frame fitted with an 885UH blade.

#20. The "S.C.C. 866UH" looks like the Proto for the "S.C.C. 886UH"knife, made by Camillus and sold only through a large Chain Store.

Some very collectable knives... Ken

Last edited:
I guess I cannot be called a collector because I only have one Uncle Henry LB8. It was in real rough condition when I bought it.

meBtZT6.jpg

my small collection of UHs....there are others, boxed and packed away. I carried a 5UH for a while. Nice user.

unclehenrygroup.jpg

Thanks James! I may have found a second example of that knife. I will let you know for sure when I have more concrete info.
I would be a little surprised but not totally. I got that from Mr Art Green. Not sure if you know him?? He also provided me with a letter from the family confirming the authenticity. Art is a well respected person who has a long history with SCHRADE and associated collections. Others may know better but the Shaw, Liebowitz team, I think a husband and wife, did the amazing engraving on custom schrades. I do not know if they did one off’s or multiple tools with the same engraving. Would be great to see more of their work. I’m a fan. Thanks.

I would be a little surprised but not totally. I got that from Mr Art Green. Not sure if you know him?? He also provided me with a letter from the family confirming the authenticity. Art is a well respected person who has a long history with SCHRADE and associated collections. Others may know better but the Shaw, Liebowitz team, I think a husband and wife, did the amazing engraving on custom schrades. I do not know if they did one off’s or multiple tools with the same engraving. Would be great to see more of their work. I’m a fan. Thanks.

False alarm! Thanks for the interesting details regarding the history of your knife.

It turns out that while I thought I was discussing your "Shaw-Leibowitz bear knife" with a well-known collector, I was actually discussing a different 2-1/4" Schrade Cut. Co. coffin-pattern lobster. It too has Shaw-Leibowitz bear-themed handles.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/elusive-schrades.622355/post-20570813