Uncle Henry collectors? Just curious.

Very nice Jay....gotta love the knives, additional blades and then the icing on the cake....That actual Tang Stamps
Very well put together

Tom

Why would they stamp the tang end with N.Y. on that first blade?

Also interesting to see the geometry changes on the blade thru the years.

14iobix.jpg

Here are some lb7's with their tang stamps.

Thanx Tom, I think the rosewood in the picture was from schrade also. Not sure though.
P.S not sure why the NY is there. I thought codger might know. Thought I remeber reading something about it but don't remember.

Codger_64

Thanx Tom, I think the rosewood in the picture was from schrade also. Not sure though.
P.S not sure why the NY is there. I thought codger might know. Thought I remeber reading something about it but don't remember.
Like yourself I can only guess. Someone was monkeying around with the dies and that blade was struck. I can't think of any logical reason for it to be there.

Well Jay....if the blades and Tang stamps came from where I think...I would bet money that the rosewood blocks came out of the Schrade Factory as well

Nice setup you have...very unique

Tom

2irnal3.jpg

These checks came from the camillus factory. The way I understand it camillus was owned by Albert Baer's' daughter. Albert gained control of the Sears account early and held on to it for many years. This gave him control of who made what and when. For this reason I have collected camillus and sears knives that I believe belong in my UH collection.

Love the double crossed sabers on the Sword tang stamp. The angles bolsters as well.

Purdy.

Uncle Henry Knifes were the Weekend Carry knife for many of my extended family when I was growing up.

Wow! Very nice saddlebum. The 15uh and 77uh are extremely hard to find. Surprised to see you have both. Great coloring on the others also. I'm not sure but I think the keen kutter 897 was contracted out to camillus?? Is that a single blade trapper you have there?
Jay

This thread is getting better ever day, very nice knives.
I think the 877UH came out for a short time in 1991.
This photo was taken when I was still trying to fill my 1991 Display Unit.
I think the 106OT was the hardest knife to find, to finish off the Display.
medium

I also came across a large number of 5UHs... Ken

medium

Last edited: