unfortunately I have to see gsm warranty process...

jbmonkey

I'm going to r/kennyland
Platinum Member
oops mean Gridiron capital since gsm has been sold now too......

have 2 ad15s that have way too much up and down blade play. new production versions not first versions or old stock. ill post updates as I make contact and the process for anyone who might have to deal with gsm. ive reached out by email which I expect won't go well and I'll have to call in a day or two....but gonna see how they handle issues on warranty.

out of hundreds of knives over decades from about every brand. these are the fifth and sixth I've ever had to have fixed or replaced. I've had a good run, overall.

Good luck. Hope it works out smoothly and with good results.

I really don’t like sending knives in for warranty work.

Winds blow.
Fires burn.
Crops Fail.
S--t happens.

Hope it gets squared away for you. Please report back.

Please let us know how it goes. Was planning on getting 2 more knives in S35VN (not cheap), but now also wondering about the warranty. I’ve read in the past that knives were replaced if they broke or had major failure. All my CS knives have been great so far (knock on wood). I am eagerly awaiting the fresh batch of 2021 models to be released and see how they turned out.

Good luck. Hope it works out smoothly and with good results.

I really don’t like sending knives in for warranty work.

thank you Sir. neither do I.;)

Winds blow.
Fires burn.
Crops Fail.
S--t happens.

Hope it gets squared away for you. Please report back.

yep, is what it is....

will do.

Please let us know how it goes. Was planning on getting 2 more knives in S35VN (not cheap), but now also wondering about the warranty. I’ve read in the past that knives were replaced if they broke or had major failure. All my CS knives have been great so far (knock on wood). I am eagerly awaiting the fresh batch of 2021 models to be released and see how they turned out.
yep. I will do that. hoping for good results. im pretty calm, patient and easy going. so it takes a whole lot to upset me. we shall see.

2 ad15s that have way too much up and down blade play.
I don't have any of this lock type , so I don't have a clue about this problem or how to fix it .

Did this problem exist "out of box" or develop over extended use ?

If they came that way , I'd return to seller if possible .

Anyway , good luck and let us know the outcome .

thank you Sir. neither do I.;)

yep, is what it is....

will do.

yep. I will do that. hoping for good results. im pretty calm, patient and easy going. so it takes a whole lot to upset me. we shall see.
That will get you a lot further than being an ahole right off, I try to hold off on that until warranted then......

I don't have any of this lock type , so I don't have a clue about this problem or how to fix it .

Did this problem exist "out of box" or develop over extended use ?

If they came that way , I'd return to seller if possible .

Anyway , good luck and let us know the outcome .
both. came with teeny tiny amount of up and down play. didnt send back as im not that picky typically about blade play if knife is safe to use. through normal cutting use on simple things not stress causing materials, its gotten much worse, and can't be ignored.

im not gonna bother good dealers on this. not their fault and the knives have been used too. its the manufacturers issues to solve.

Last edited:
both. came with teeny tiny amount of up and down play. didnt send back as im not that picky typically about blade play if knife is safe to use. through normal cutting use on simple things not stress causing materials, its gotten much worse, and can't be ignored.

im not gonna bother good dealers on this. not their fault and they have been used too. its the manufacturers issues to solve.
Can you tell where the play is coming from? Is the notch in the tang deformed?

im not gonna bother good dealers on this. not their fault and they have been used too
Especially paying MAP , I feel like that's part of what I'm paying for .

If the problem is something I caused , of course not proper to return to seller .

Or if seller informed me of the problem prior to the sale , then it's on me .

Can you tell where the play is coming from? Is the notch in the tang deformed?
I believe it's between the stop pin, for a lack of a better word and blade tang cut out. seems to wiggle there.

I dont see deformation that is obvious to my eye.

update on this. so no response to contact form. been maybe 3 working days. no big deal...so I switched to phone call today. sat on hold for a bit over 41 minutes......screen shot to prove it...in green phone icon at top 41 minutes and 41 seconds....Screenshot_20210222-172555_Call.jpg

so I spoke to csr. I was told and im paraphrasing...they haven't sorted through cold steel yet, they just bought them. they have no inventory for the ad15s. I am to contact them in 2 months or so and they'll help me then. I gave my info to be put into their system . I was given a confirmation number for a lack of a better term to show I made contact etc. the csr seemed concerned with my issues on the knives and was very polite and helpful and tried their best with what they can do. so it wasn't a bad experience, just nothing can be done for at least 2 months I was told.

so is what it is. I was nice, calm and polite. ill update in 2 months and see what is going to happen then.

Thank you for the update. I mentioned seeing the Recon 1 (S35VN) for $85 at Wally World in another thread, but would definitely hope to see a true dedicated customer support dept (especially when spending a lot of money). Like I said earlier, will wait to see how this all pans out. I do hope the new owners realize that CS had a dedicated following. Sorry you had to wait so long but at least the Rep took down your info and seemed genuinely helpful.

I have only ever had to deal with spyderco, benchmade and strider! once.... many many moons ago. being in the UK and buying from the States its more hassle sometimes than its worth sending thing back. These days I think companies really need to be on game with customer service especially as we are not talking about cheap throwaway items... with the margin made on these items all of the big knife companies should just replace or give like for like credit without question... I have a feeling CS won't do this and it will push them and there credibility lower down the list.... not good and hope I am wrong :(

update on this. so no response to contact form. been maybe 3 working days. no big deal...so I switched to phone call today. sat on hold for a bit over 41 minutes......screen shot to prove it...in green phone icon at top 41 minutes and 41 seconds....View attachment 1514933

so I spoke to csr. I was told and im paraphrasing...they haven't sorted through cold steel yet, they just bought them. they have no inventory for the ad15s. I am to contact them in 2 months or so and they'll help me then. I gave my info to be put into their system . I was given a confirmation number for a lack of a better term to show I made contact etc. the csr seemed concerned with my issues on the knives and was very polite and helpful and tried their best with what they can do. so it wasn't a bad experience, just nothing can be done for at least 2 months I was told.

so is what it is. I was nice, calm and polite. ill update in 2 months and see what is going to happen then.
For the premium prices the New CS is trying to now demand , this lack of customer service is totally unacceptable , IMO . :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Polite is nice , but doesn't fix your problem . :rolleyes:

Bad news. The new owners of Cold Steel are doing a disservice. Being told to wait till they get their shit together and to call back in a couple months is unacceptable in my book. They didn't think about the customers needs in the transition time frame? Those AD-15s are not cheap.

For the premium prices the New CS is trying to now demand , this lack of customer service is totally unacceptable , IMO . :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Polite is nice , but doesn't fix your problem . :rolleyes:

Bad news. The new owners of Cold Steel are doing a disservice. Being told to wait till they get their shit together and to call back in a couple months is unacceptable in my book. They didn't think about the customers needs in the transition time frame? Those AD-15s are not cheap.

is what it is. I'm not upset. no point to it. I got other knives. when I get to the 2 months, I'll update as to what happens. new operation take over. lot to learn, lot to do. sure they got lots of headaches to sort through. im giving them a pass due to the circumstances.....for now anyways. maybe it will be a underpromised over deliver deal. we'll see.

Back