unfortunately I have to see gsm warranty process...

You are a better man than I sir.
thank you, but I doubt that. I'm flawed badly in lots of ways. too many shortcomings to even list. just seeing it as it should be seen, this time. next time I might overreact.....:D

OK.. I am a newbie when it come to CS knives as I only have one.. Tuff Lite..:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Been in the knife game for 45plus yrs.. I wandered over here and am perusing all the posts and looking on other sites for the next CS to buy..:D Then I read this.. Kinda hard to get behind a brand when they dont have a good customer service.. Hope once things smooth out all will be well.. Now.. I am going to sit on the side lines and see how all this plays out..:p I am not wiping my hands clean of the CS brand but will take a wait/see position.. I DO like CS though!!!;)
John

OK.. I am a newbie when it come to CS knives as I only have one.. Tuff Lite..:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Been in the knife game for 45plus yrs.. I wandered over here and am perusing all the posts and looking on other sites for the next CS to buy..:D Then I read this.. Kinda hard to get behind a brand when they dont have a good customer service.. Hope once things smooth out all will be well.. Now.. I am going to sit on the side lines and see how all this plays out..:p I am not wiping my hands clean of the CS brand but will take a wait/see position.. I DO like CS though!!!;)
John
never had to do a warranty under cold steel before. this time may the one off for them. one model they dont have stock on yet. who knows. only know what I was told. I wouldn't worry too much if ya like a knife, John. I got many dozens of cold steels never had an issue before. might never again either after these these 2. dont want to start a panic its one event not thousands to base an opinion on. im hoping for good results in a couple months. we'll see.

cold Steel has always had major problems with customer service. Empty promises, no response to emails, false information on the telephone.
on and on countless issues of no help,
Now look at facebook, twitter, Instagram, customer after customer not receiving a response at all.
I personally emailed GSM countless times asking about the situation and never a reply.
Why buy from a company with NO CUSTOMER SERVICE????

I am wondering how a forum with no representative is allowed to stay open?????????????
In read that was a requirement.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who has to practice patience discipline at times. Yes sir, it usually pays off for all parties. But two months to wait for an answer ? I would have instantly gone up one def-con level with that kind of reply. Why not an offer to refund the money or replace with a more satisfactory product within two weeks ? If it takes two months to get an answer then there is a dumpster fire on the other end.

I've bought a ton of Cold Steel product over practically their whole time in business .

Never used the warranty or customer service at all . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had several of them that needed serious break-in , but they all got smooth with use . :):thumbsup:

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who has to practice patience discipline at times. Yes sir, it usually pays off for all parties. But two months to wait for an answer ? I would have instantly gone up one def-con level with that kind of reply. Why not an offer to refund the money or replace with a more satisfactory product within two weeks ? If it takes two months to get an answer then there is a dumpster fire on the other end.
I didnt ask for refund or anything other than warranty on the ones I have. my impression is they don't fix they replace. they didn't say that but that was my impression. that aside...I guess I could have ramped it up or asked for refund. they may have done it, dont know. I didnt ask for that. I'm actually not annoyed at all. I'll see what happens once they have inventory in and get things moving etc. if its bad when I contact them in 2 months ill report it back here.

I'm starting to sound like im defending them. not my intention. more so to stay calm and not create an attack thread here unfairly. it is new changeover and more importantly covid round the world has slowed supply down dramatically. these are real things.

in the business im in ive had orders for parts delayed by months as well. we dont make folks go without we just take parts from new equipment or change equipment based on costs and ability and have the manufacturer help us on the costs. could be why im more sympathetic. getting screamed at daily when there is little you can do gets old and comes across as very insincere. everyone should know what is going on by now and the drag in postal delivery, shipping and manufacturing.

I am wondering how a forum with no representative is allowed to stay open?????????????
In read that was a requirement.
Would you prefer that it’s closed? I imagine more than a few would be disappointed to see that happen.

You are correct however about a representative being a requirement to have a forum on BF’s.

Just my opinion but I doubt that you will see a CS rep on here since they have been absorbed by a conglomerate... the original CS rep hasn’t logged on since November 30th 2020.

Ultimately Spark Spark will make the final decision on whether this forum stays open or not.

Would you prefer that it’s closed? I imagine more than a few would be disappointed to see that happen.

Ultimately Spark Spark will make the final decision on whether this forum stays open or not.

If people stop asking if this CS forum is going to close, and we stay very quiet, maybe the powers that be will forget about us : )

Cold Steel GSM needs to step up to the plate and do what they are required to do
hold them accountable like everyone else
have a moderator when required, advertise a product: produce it,
respond to customers, follow up on warrenty, make products available
IMO Cold Steel GSM should be contacted by telephone, email, whatever and given a small window to respond
the silence is deafening

Where is the schrade forum? Camillus? gerber?? crkt???

warning for insults
Cold Steel GSM needs to step up to the plate and do what they are required to do
hold them accountable like everyone else
have a moderator when required, advertise a product: produce it,
respond to customers, follow up on warrenty, make products available
IMO Cold Steel GSM should be contacted by telephone, email, whatever and given a small window to respond
the silence is deafening

Where is the schrade forum? Camillus? gerber?? crkt???
It'd not CS that's going to be hurt , it's us fans . Not like you care, trollboy .

Although , I wouldn't mind having the option for fans to organize their own sub-forms for favorite brands that have no representation .

I have an American Lawman in AUS8A that I messed up the choil on. I was told by the previous Cold Steel mod to send it in even though I messed it up, and that they would take care of it. I offered to pay for the repairs and a new blade.

After about two months the knife was shipped back to me with no changes made. No note, no paperwork, nothing.

I was only out the shipping cost, but to be honest it was not a great experience. This was about two years ago.

I have an American Lawman in AUS8A that I messed up the choil on. I was told by the previous Cold Steel mod to send it in even though I messed it up, and that they would take care of it. I offered to pay for the repairs and a new blade.

After about two months the knife was shipped back to me with no changes made. No note, no paperwork, nothing.

I was only out the shipping cost, but to be honest it was not a great experience. This was about two years ago.
that's disappointing there.

One warning issued for insults.

Stay on topic. That appears to be difficult for at least one of you, and I don't mean the one who received the warning.

You are correct however about a representative being a requirement to have a forum on BF’s.

Just my opinion but I doubt that you will see a CS rep on here since they have been absorbed by a conglomerate... the original CS rep hasn’t logged on since November 30th 2020.

Just a thought, but maybe if there is no interest from Cold Steel in maintaining the forum, just maybe change it into a collector's forum like Schrade, Camillus, and Randall have - https://www.bladeforums.com/categories/collectors-forums.812/ .

There seems to be enough interest in older and newer CS products that it will continue to thrive.

My one-time experience with Cold Steel customer service was a happy one. I snapped the clip off my small tanto-point Voyager back when they were molded into the plastic handle. I sent it back and they lived up to their repair-or-replace at their discretion words: they sent a brand new Voyager, this one a clip point, with a screwed on pocket clip. I still have it. Hope your service is acceptable, once finally rendered.

Last edited:
Back