Up and coming knife makers?

shootist16

knife law moderator
Can you name a knife maker that you predict will be a big name and a huge backlog in the not so distant future? We can revisit this post later and see who was right, and who was wrong!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dennis Bible

Where can one view his work? Is there a website?

------------------
Dennis Bible

Lynn Griffith. Clean designs, great grinds and attention to detail.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

I always like a topic like this.

Bailey Bradshaw - The wait continues to grow as his new White Wing company begins to take flight.
Rob Simonich - The man who found gold in Montana talonite
smile.gif

John Fitch - Big Bowies & Camp knives galore. Clean distinctive styling.
Tim Foster - Watch for his mosaic damascus in the future - it is very very good.
Brian Tighe - excellent trademark style & super workmanship - watch for increased magazine coverage in the next 6 months.
Steve Corkum - very well priced japanese influenced blade. Watch for increased magazine coverage in the future.

------------------
KnifeArt.com - Fine Custom Knives
BladeForums.com Sponsor

[This message has been edited by KnifeArt (edited 31 December 1999).]

Now, if I tell you, I'm also telling 4000+ other knife buyers, and that means that the next time I want a knife either the wait may be longer, or the price might go up. I'm going to have to think about this for a little while, let me get back to you on this.

Gotta agree 100% with Paracelsus. GenO's gonne be in big-time demand in the near future.

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

In addition to the quality of their knives I also watch the makers business savvy. That makes the difference.
My picks in no paticular rank is John Fitch, Tim Foster and Lynn Griffin. There are some others that I cannot think of right now and some others whos knives are good but will not stay in the business. The guys mentioned above will make it. And do good.

I think Ray Kirk fits this profile perfectly.
Raker Knives should and will be a much better known name.

Others I think will develop a large audience are:

Sean Perkins
Chris Hatin

I'd mention Fred Perrin, but he's well known in Europe and within his niche, so I don't know if he really fits the profile or not.

Also, I think it may be too late to consider my friend Rob Simonich an up and comer!
wink.gif

Blues

------------------
Live Free or Die

Some Knife Pix

Kurt Meerdink in Rio,New York.Ya might have seen an ad for JT's Knife shop in some of the knife mag's picturing a Meerdink Phase Three fighter.Well the picture sure dosen't do the knife justice.Kurt makes some beautiful functional knives.All different styles.He apprenticed under Bud Nealy and has been knife making since 1991.His stuff is well thought out,high quality and fairly priced.I have two different sizes of his Phase three Fighters in a drop point style blade because I don't do Tanto's, Great knives and custom kydex sheaths.I got mine from - J.T.'s Knife Shop 264 East Main St. Port Jervis,N.Y. 12771 Phone (914) 856-6904
or e-mail J.T.'s at jtarbell@warwick.net and tell him his buddy Ralph from Hyde Park sent ya and your from Bladeforums and tell him to visit hear sometime
smile.gif
Later,RS

John Fitch.

I have owned 2 of his knives and have a third on the way. From what i see, NO ONE makes more knife for the dollar.

------------------
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty"
Thomas Jefferson

James, Pete, and Jerry,
Thank you so much for including me on this list. Pete, I have known you the longest, and really respect your opinion. James, you have become a fantastic friend, and I totally appreciate you. Jerry Fisk, you are one of my knifemaker heroes. I consider you to be the definition of a succesful knifemaker. To have you mention me as an up and comer, is a real boost to my confidence.

Thank you all,

------------------
Lynn Griffith-Knifemaker

griffithknives.com
GriffithKN@aol.com
Available Knives

Mike Lamprey in England is getting his shop put together, and should start producing reasonable quantities of knives this year.

John Etzler is truly proving a worthy student of John W Smith.

Mark Nevling just needs to clean up his execution to make his products live up to his ideas.

Nate Clark of the Vallotton clan.Real nice stuff.

------------------

have a"knife"day

I like the work of a couple of differen't maker's Curtis Wilson makes a fine Knife and James Park's makes a fine Knife also but My Old buddy Frank Roberson is a heck of a knifemaker his are some of the best I have Played with for a vertualy unknown Maker

------------------
tbark

I think Ed Caffrey is going to bear watching as well.
Lynn, thanks for the kind words. There has been talk around that if you get any better some of the makers are going to break your fingers. Ha. See you at the Arkansas show.

Back