Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great!

As solely a buyer to date on BF, I'd also like to offer an additional suggestion.

It would be nice if sellers would NOT delete the initial asking price from their ads by deleting the price and inserting SPF or SOLD instead. Not every seller does this but many do and I'm not sure why this is done at all.

It would be useful to retain the asking prices in the ads to provide a history of the sale prices of the knives sold. You can see what knives have been previously sold for on EB and this information provides a basis for determining whether the asking price there is reasonable and would be equally useful on BF for the same reason.

FWIW, I have taken to saying "I'll take it for $xxx" when I buy a knife so that others will know how much it sold for. I've seen other buyers do this as well and it is helpful for the reason mentioned above but would be unnecessary if sellers would just leave their asking prices in place when the knife is sold.

A simple SOLD notice is sufficient to avoid further comment if the thread is not otherwise closed to further comment.

Last edited:
This is awesome news. This could be the first step to irradiating the virus of misguided sellers using “net to me” and F&F, a disease that has infested the exchange as of late.
It is up to us the buyers to uphold the new needed changes and “just say no to unscrupulous sellers resisting these much needed new rules.
Should also greatly reduce my ignore list by ten fold.

Thank you @Spark
Thank you mods :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
The insurance is seller protection not buyer ... any of the sellers stating ... insurance is extra or once I drop it at the post office I take no responsibilty ..

well you may say that but any seller private or business will be responsible if the package isn't delivered ...

now I agree USPS insurance is mostly a joke but there are a couple third part options that are much better ... such as Stamps . com ... etc ... and you can get the insurance without membership monthly fee ...

and I require a signature confirmation if the dollar amount is larger ... or if the buyer is a new member with very little or no feedback ... AND those that 90% of their posts are in the buy/sell/trade forums I generally refuse to sell to because they are only here for that ... but I would require a signature if ever I sold to a non contributing member like that ...

but I am so glad these guidelines were added ... I just skipped those sellers in the past but now I won't have to read a thread to see at the end the F&F or add x% ... !!!!!

Sounds great!

I'd also like to offer an additional suggestion.

It would be nice if sellers would NOT delete the initial asking price from their ads. Not every seller does this but many do and I'm not sure why this is done at all.

It would be useful to retain the asking prices in the ads to provide a history of the sale prices of the knives sold. You can see what knives have been previously sold for on EB and this information provides a basis for determining whether the asking price there is reasonable and would be equally useful on BF for the same reason.

Sounds great!

I'd also like to offer an additional suggestion.

It would be nice if sellers would NOT delete the initial asking price from their ads by deleting the price than inserting SPF or SOLD instead. Not every seller does this but many do and I'm not sure why this is done at all.

pretty sure it’s policy to remove.

If you’re that stupid you don’t understand what you’re buying you shouldn’t own knives !!:)
Buyers aren't having a problem understanding what their buying, their having a problem trying to figure out exactly what it's costing them.

Considering that some sellers can't do basic math and figure out their total price though, that's understandable ;)

It's not policy. Some do, some don't. This has been discussed a lot and pretty much left at "agree to disagree" everytime.

That's good to know but I don't know why it would be controversial at all. Would it stop anybody from selling a knife on this site? I think not.

Anyway, FWIW, I already use EB past sales as a basis for determining if prices here are "fair/reasonable" based on current market demand because there really is not other way to determine this.
It would just be "nice" if you could do the same on BF too.

Deleted. I submit !! I’ll add that sh!t up ! Is shipping included as well?

I like this move as it serves to standardize the exchange.

Does this mean if a buyer pays the listed price with g&s that the mods will support them if the seller tries to reneg?

This has actually happened to me.
Usually it’s kind of just tough luck if that happens, I’ve had that happen to me twice in 5 years and my negative feedback desire was not endorsed by the mods so hopefully that’s changed but that’s how it had been.

I’ll speak after a few. I think you should also include that USPS 3 day priority shipping is also included in sale price too! Isn’t that always ASSumed anyways ??

Shipping should be expressed by the seller or asked for by the buyer. For example, a seller might prefer UPS because there's a store near them (there's one a block from me, nearest PO is miles). However, I only want to receive from USPS because UPS/FedEx/DHL/Whatever other courier either can't get into my apartment complex, or if they can, they seem to only do it when I'm not home and just leave the package at my door for any asshole to steal.

Thus, shipping method should be stated, shouldn't be assumed, and should be negotiable (or not, as is the seller's/buyer's prerogative).

Signature and insurance ? F! iT!
I think The seller and buyer can figure that out. If you’re that stupid you don’t understand what you’re buying you shouldn’t own knives !!:) This is how big Gubment screws it all up. Thanks.

I don't even know what you're saying or why you're saying it.

The problem, which these new rules address, is that too many sellers say "Net to me" without any qualification of that statement. Does that mean you want the buyer to add the fees? Does that include shipping? Insurance? Gas money?

Say your price and what it includes. If you're the kind of sackofcrap that wants the buyer to pay Goods & Services PayPal fees, then simply add those fees into the price. It ain't that damn hard. If you want the knife to sell, you should make the effort to make it as simple and easy for the buyer as possible.

I could do all the math and add the Ever changing PP fees to my price but I dont Want to. I dont Think you SHOULD HAVE TO. If the buyer wants the knife bad enough he/or she will figure it out.
But, if you're selling the knife, don't you know how much money you want the buyer to send you? I would assume so, in which case you have done the math. The new rule is just telling you to list that amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back