UPS IS KILLING ME !!!!!

Chris,

You read my other thread, didn't you? lol...
smile.gif

Okay, I'll send you email once the smoke clears.
smile.gif

Dan

Well I have to stand by ups on this one, Ive had some bad experiences with the postal service. The ups delivery in my area is expedient and courteous(the delivery guy even tried to keep passersby from seeing my AFCK by placing the box were it wouldnt be easily seen by anyone not on the front porch. I think that fed-ex is the best however.

What I hate is when you buy something and the mail order seller will only use UPS. I had this happen with one of the larger sporting goods / hunting catalog wholesalers. I prefer the security of the US Post Office to packages left on my door step.

------------------
"Walk softly and carry a big stick"...TR

Just another current delay story.

Packaged shipped UPS Ground last Friday. Track it over the week, it stops dead in Illinois on Monday. Call yesterday, was told, “Rescheduled to arrive on Friday the 25th.” Today, no package, no movement on the tracking system. Call again, am told, “Call your shipper and have him start an investigation.” Not the most confidence inspiring thing to hear. I contacted the shipper, an investigation is under way, or so we are told.

On another bright note, the package I mailed EMS to the P.I. is now four weeks in transit with no signs of showing or word on the three-week-old investigation. I am told that the P.I. Postal System has 60 days to respond before it is declared lost and I am allowed to file a claim. From there, the claim goes to New York for “processing”, and that could take an indeterminate amount of time, with guesses starting at “a few weeks, at least.”

------------------
James

I ship using UPS for a living and can say that their customer service bites. Rude, arrogant, unhelpful... That should tell you a lot about the company.

Why don't you guys just wrap the knives you're gonna send in bubble wrap, and stick them in a normal invalope with a 33cent stamp?

------------------
"All of our knives open with one hand, in case you're busy with the other"
<OVAL OFFICE JOKE>

Priority Mail by USPS works very well for me.I receive packages from most parts of the country in 3-4 days, and is very reasonably priced. No autos, due to legal considerations.I realize that shipping them by any means is tricky, but you don't need the Postal Inspectors on you to boot!

I, too, have never had any probs with USPS Priority mail, and it's even better with on-line delivery confirmation. UPS, they're good for large commercial customers, but I specifically avoid them. I've even gone to other dealers for an item when one dealer would only ship UPS. Seems like, where I live, if UPS leaves an attempted delivery notice, it usually takes another 2 days to get them to hold it for me to pickup. What a pain...

------------------
Knowledge without understanding is knowledge wasted.
Understanding without knowledge is a rare gift - but not an impossibility.
For the impossible is always possible through faith. - Bathroom graffiti, gas station, Grey, TN, Dec, 1988

I use the USPS because I am not home during the day, and it is a lot more convenient for me to ship. I prefer to recieve my orders at the post office, I know most of the people at the post office, the USPS workers are courteous and helpful, and most always will suggest the best way to ship a particular item (I ask). UPS runs in, runs out, and if you aren't there, takes it back to the depot (located in another town 25 miles away). They are definitely not orientated to the individuals small shipments. I thought it was supposed to take forever for the package to get there when you ship it UPS.

Back