• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad User SCRIM - Received refund on knife when USPS seemed to have lost, it was then delivered, he refused to appropriately send back at my cost.

I’m shocked to learn that people are using the existence of a pandemic to justify their dishonesty…shocked…
I have the perfect remedy for those frazzled nerves. I just happen to be selling some beachfront property in Nebraska...and as a fine upstanding forumite I'm willing to offer it to you at a loss...just because I like you.

😂

Rubles are accepted as currency in Nebraska? Wow! 🦇
4353056-boris_natasha.jpg

"You wish to pay with yuan? Let me call 'Fearless Leader' and arrange..."

I'd like to take a somewhat controversial stance on this and a more "drone approach" if you will. I really think we need to cut some slack for SCRIM. Despite the name-calling, he made some fair points. He was pretty patient in waiting for the knife to arrive even if only 2 weeks. I'm used to waiting about 3-7 days for a package from the dealer and in one instance was surprised by my lack of patience after 10 days and insistence in wanting a refund back. Then it turned out the package showed tracking and was delivered 2 days later. We get used to time frames and SCRIM was patient. On top he was dealing with his friend and their family in the hospital and COVID has been rough on everyone. We need to cut people more slack these days and it is fair that the Seller (OP) should have been a little more patient in getting his refund back. According to SCRIM's time frame only 2-3 days passed from when the package arrived there beat up at is residence to when the OP went public with this thread. IF anything, more patience should have been given to SCRIM for his 100 percent over 200 feedback. This is no small feat and should be rewarded with some more trust and leeway. His close friend just died in that 2-3 day window! Heck if the Post Office and all other shippers and dealers post signs of "Expect delay times due to COVID pandemic...etc. etc." why can't we do the same for individuals (buyers and sellers)?

Other notes of mention include....glad the seller got his money back as you were due either the return or the full amount. Glad SCRIM at least told his side of the story. Name calling and labeling people "creeps" just because they want their money back or "property" does not help the situation nor one's character. Glad things seem to have been resolved and I won't put SCRIM on the ignore list because A) his feedback score means something B) he made the situation right within a reasonable amount of time, and C) we need to have some flexibility and more compassion during these crazy times.

Godspeed

I'd like to take a somewhat controversial stance on this and a more "drone approach" if you will. I really think we need to cut some slack for SCRIM. Despite the name-calling, he made some fair points. He was pretty patient in waiting for the knife to arrive even if only 2 weeks. I'm used to waiting about 3-7 days for a package from the dealer and in one instance was surprised by my lack of patience after 10 days and insistence in wanting a refund back. Then it turned out the package showed tracking and was delivered 2 days later. We get used to time frames and SCRIM was patient. On top he was dealing with his friend and their family in the hospital and COVID has been rough on everyone. We need to cut people more slack these days and it is fair that the Seller (OP) should have been a little more patient in getting his refund back. According to SCRIM's time frame only 2-3 days passed from when the package arrived there beat up at is residence to when the OP went public with this thread. IF anything, more patience should have been given to SCRIM for his 100 percent over 200 feedback. This is no small feat and should be rewarded with some more trust and leeway. His close friend just died in that 2-3 day window! Heck if the Post Office and all other shippers and dealers post signs of "Expect delay times due to COVID pandemic...etc. etc." why can't we do the same for individuals (buyers and sellers)?

Other notes of mention include....glad the seller got his money back as you were due either the return or the full amount. Glad SCRIM at least told his side of the story. Name calling and labeling people "creeps" just because they want their money back or "property" does not help the situation nor one's character. Glad things seem to have been resolved and I won't put SCRIM on the ignore list because A) his feedback score means something B) he made the situation right within a reasonable amount of time, and C) we need to have some flexibility and more compassion during these crazy times.

Godspeed
If this was the first time this happened I might be in agreement with you. However, given the pattern of behavior dating back some years I'm certainly not willing to take the risk of Scrim extorting me for a reduced price or partial refund.

If this was the first time this happened I might be in agreement with you. However, given the pattern of behavior dating back some years I'm certainly not willing to take the risk of Scrim extorting me for a reduced price or partial refund.

He did it once, and then did it again, and I'm sure he will do it again. Seen it before. Scrim will be ignored.

Godspeed
With everyone having him on ignore, you'll be first in line for all his best deals! :eek:Yikes!

Here are the even older threads referenced in the old thread, and another referenced in that thread, and so on. It's basically a Russian nesting doll of threads like this one.

The thread numbers are still valid, you just have to reformat the URL.

Edit: Looks like I found a bug in the forum software. That one link is probably too many characters for the fancy new link auto-formatting.

Here are the even older threads referenced in the old thread, and another referenced in that thread, and so on. It's basically a Russian nesting doll of threads like this one.

Edit: Looks like I found a bug in the forum software. That one link is probably too many characters for the fancy new link auto-formatting.
Well look at that. He got super mad when I and others warned people to put him on ignore. Is this one of those "I told you so" moments?

With everyone having him on ignore, you'll be first in line for all his best deals! :eek:Yikes!
🤣

Wow, this is confusing to say the least. From what I can tell, Scrim hasn't really short-changed anyone according to forum rules. Did I miss something from these? I don't have the time nor desire to go through them all but looks like he gets into arguments. However, this isn't breaking any rules as far as I know. The main thing is most of these were around 5 years ago and believe people can change and do better with time. His feedback score has proven that and 5 years is a long time. Yes, the pandemic tries and tests true character but also a reminder we are all human too. I know I've done things I might regret 5+ years ago and just as wouldn't want people to hold them against me, I don't hold SCRIMs against him. Am I saying he is the most enjoyable, friendly, kind, and generous human being on here? No. However, with his feedback and given the circumstances surrounding this present day issue, I'll cut some slack and give him another chance that's for sure.

I guess the broader question could be....Why do we put people on the "ignore" list? Have they really broken any Bladeforums rules or do we not like their personality or communication styles?" I guess it depends on the person and everyone is entitled to their "why's".

I guess the broader question could be....Why do we put people on the "ignore" list? Have they really broken any Bladeforums rules or do we not like their personality or communication styles?" I guess it depends on the person and everyone is entitled to their "why's".
It might not be a personal insult. Some folks put people on their ignore list because it's easier than keeping notes to remember why exactly they decided not to do business with someone. This isn't a courtroom, and a person doesn't have to break any rules for someone to decide that they are likely to be difficult to deal with.

🤣

Wow, this is confusing to say the least. From what I can tell, Scrim hasn't really short-changed anyone according to forum rules. Did I miss something from these? I don't have the time nor desire to go through them all but looks like he gets into arguments. However, this isn't breaking any rules as far as I know. The main thing is most of these were around 5 years ago and believe people can change and do better with time. His feedback score has proven that and 5 years is a long time. Yes, the pandemic tries and tests true character but also a reminder we are all human too. I know I've done things I might regret 5+ years ago and just as wouldn't want people to hold them against me, I don't hold SCRIMs against him. Am I saying he is the most enjoyable, friendly, kind, and generous human being on here? No. However, with his feedback and given the circumstances surrounding this present day issue, I'll cut some slack and give him another chance that's for sure.

Up to you, but before I go trying to defend someone (especially one I do not know) I would go through all of the facts and get the whole story. This is just not one isolated incident with him.
Plus if you do look at the several threads you can tell a lot about the person. In his case it's not good. We have seen it over and over again here over time; where one of the first things someone does when they get exposed is to say they got sick, they have a family member in the hospital, etc. Is that true in this case - who knows? I'll assume it was......but can't say I don't have at least some doubt.
Regardless, people get put on ignore because they show themselves as being difficult, problematic, a tool, deceptive, not nice, etc. No sense taking a chance with one of those types.
It is odd that someone can have a great deal of good feedback, yet still become an issue. We have had members on here for years with good dealings all of a sudden go off the rails and become a thief ......... multiple times.

I know you are just trying to be optimistic and that is fine. You are free to deal with anyone here you want. Yeah, he didn't break any rules - but sometimes that is not the only measuring stick. Maybe he is the kind of guy that is fine if there are not issues and everything goes his way......... but when it doesn't?

🤣

If you want to deal with him and have him try to bully a partial refund out of you or delay shipment for petty reasons, you're welcome to do so, but most of us don't enjoy fools that attempt to take advantage of others, even if those attempts are technically within forum rules.

You can put someone on the ignore list for any reason, no need to justify it. Personally, I mostly use mine as an indicator of folks that I think it's not safe doing business with. I might forget a forum name, so the Ignore option makes it easy for me to avoid mistakenly buying from or selling to someone that I feel is questionable.

I put people on my ignore list because I neither have the time or the inclination to deal with bad faith buyers/sellers and the drama they bring.

Its a tool that’s here to help you filter potential problems out, and this character is definitely a potential problem.

Back