Vampire Gerbil updates.

Vampire Gerbil

Gone, but not forgotten. RIP Dave
Platinum Member
This is VG daughter again. VG is doing a lot better! He can move his left foot and his left arm okay. He is awake more and can open his eyes. He is still on life support but we are having him breath on his own a little but the machine is still helping with the air. he doesnt have a very good cough or a gag reflex which means if we were to take him off the machine he couldnt protect his air way. He has untill Wednesday to get better at that or they are going to make a cut and put the tube in his throat so his airway will still be protected. If they do that he will be able to talk or if he gets better and can come off the machine by himself he will as well. For him to be able to talk to me he is writing on paper. The first thing he said is, "I want to Smoke." He also gave the nurse the full finger. He was comfortable and she had to move him from his right side to his back and he didnt want to. He wants to be able to talk to all of you because he asked me to give him the computer that is in the room for the nurses. I told him that its for the nurses and that I was keeping everybody up to date as much as I could. His left lunge is no longer colapsed but it still has the blood clot in it and some of the fluid from the namonia. He is doing better each day and I have let him know that all of you are thinking about him. If you would like to call the hospital and talk to me, call the Southern Hills Hospital (ICU) and ask to speak to Alisha in room 11. if I'm not there and someone else is then you can speak to them or just leave me a message and I will call you write a way. My grandma might give you a long run about everything or even miss some things so I'm your best one. I want to thank everybody for your support you have givin my dad for the last 3 weeks, for my mom and now him it means a lot to him. He even had someone come to the hospital that he has never seen before but he knows him from the computer. That all helps him a lot. Anyone can come see him at any time.
Thankyou very much for all of your support,
Alisha

That got posted in a thread in Shop Talk by mistake, so I moved it here. Good news! :cool:

Alisha,

Thanks for the update. It is great to hear that your dad is doing better.

n2s

Good News at last! I've been sending Smoke for Dave every day.

Glad to hear the update Alisha. We're looking forward to seeing his presence on here again.

Alisha, thank you for keeping us updated. A lot of thoughts and prayers are with you, Dave and all of your family.

Gus

Alisha,
Thanks for the update.
As one who only knows Dave through this website,, I have enjoyed reading his posts and his personal website.
I want you to know my prayers are with you, Dave, and the rest of your family in these hard times.

Howard

Thanks for the update Alisha! It's really good to hear VG's makin' progress. Keep fightin' dude! :)

Gave the nurse the finger, lol....that's VG, all right. Glad to hear he's doing better.

Ash

Thanks for the update Alisha.
Your Dad's very loved by us.

Shalom,
Emanuel Roth

Asha'man said:
Gave the nurse the finger, lol....that's VG, all right. Glad to hear he's doing better.

Ash
In many ways this is the most positive sign yet!:eek:
He'll be lightin' up those eyes again real soon.....I'm sure!!!:D
Thanks Alisha, your dad's blessed to have such good care.

Larry:cool:

Thanks for the update, Alisha, I'm glad to hear your Dad's doing better.

Alisha, I hope you're doing OK, too. Your and your family have been through hell lately. Hang in there! You're all in my prayers.

Great news!!

I always knew VG is one tough bastid...................

He's a tough old coot, thanks for the update, he'll be back on the computer in no time, in the mean time still talkin' to the big guy upstairs.

Back