Viper Dan club - super exclusive!

Yes Greg, I will miss her, between that and the new favourite, the Dan 2 had the better feeling grip overall, they did a great job with that knife and it cut so well too, but, moving on sometimes happens, I can't keep them all, unfortunately!

G2

I wish I could see more user pictures of the silver twill version

viper-dan-1-silver-twill-1_720x600.jpg

dsc06050.jpg

Yes Greg, I will miss her, between that and the new favourite, the Dan 2 had the better feeling grip overall, they did a great job with that knife and it cut so well too, but, moving on sometimes happens, I can't keep them all, unfortunately!

G2

I actually admire that, Gary. I need to start selling some more of my knives. I found this with watches as well, I would buy many, but over time I would whittle it down to what I found I really liked, and now I only own a few. I am in the process of that with my knives, but it's early, so I'm a little flooded with them. I think I just like to try them out before I really know what I like and don't. It wastes money along the way, but it's fun.

The Viper DAN 2 is a really nice edc blade. I find it has a decent amount of blade with a superb grind and that it is non locking is a good feature in an office environment. Since it also can be opend one handed it feels a bit like a slipjoint on steroids.
Picture taken with a Panasonic GX7 and a Voigtländer f0.95 17,5mm lens

Viper DAN 2 by Jonas Evertsson, on Flickr

Viper DAN 2 by Jonas Evertsson, on Flickr

EDC-ing mine today. So damned pleased! It met my expectations and surpassed them! The only negative I found is that the tip is very close to cut me when the knife is closed. It rides very high in the handle.

EDC%20100%20Viper%20Dan.JPG

Burgundy Micarta version

/ J

Came close to buying one more then once, but the "slip joint" factor turns me off.. just bought a viper 10, anfld oh brother, the Dan1/2 moved up my priority list for sure.

My Dan2 (burgundy micarta) has had more pocket time than any other knife this summer. Outstanding blade shape, decent steel that's incredibly easy to sharpen, looks and feels much richer than it is with the distinctive scales and rounded edges everywhere, super deep carry, and actually kind of fun to open and close now that it's good and worn in. Also nothing but positive comments from even non-knife people that see it when I'm out and about, including while traveling in Europe this summer.

Just a really superb knife at its price. Tough call for me between this and my HAP40 Dragonfly for most-exceeded-expectations in a knife purchase.

EDC-ing mine today. So damned pleased! It met my expectations and surpassed them! The only negative I found is that the tip is very close to cut me when the knife is closed. It rides very high in the handle.

Thanks, after your remark on the tip I've decided on the Dan 2 in CF.

Does anyone else still carry their Viper Dan? Because I just started!
RRtlVRu.jpg

Pretty dead around here... I just bought one though. Went with Silver Twill for the office. The Large Inkosi has scared people a few times lately.

Thought I’d resurrect this thread as I’ve just received my Dan 2 in Ziricote...

Can post some better pictures if people wish.

cELsjo

dtqa4o

Sorry, how the hell do I add images?

dtqa4o

Back