Vol 2 khukuri dvd - what do you guys want?

I am filming the #2 dvd now, so tell me what you want to see this time.

We can do kerambit, hanshee, bowie, 30" khukuri, falcata, whatever you like.

One on one, one against two or more attackers, just tell me what you guys want to see....

I would like to see you totally flip out and wipe out an entire village.

Or falcata if thats too much trouble.

I'd like to see a little skinny girl kick two or more of you larger guys asses!!!!:cool: :rolleyes: :D ;)

Well, I do have a kerambit on the way and no clue how to use it...

A Bowie segment would be interesting. I remember you talking about a sensei performing some techniques with it in an earlier thread. The part about grasping the back of the blade raised my eyebrows.

Come to think of it, I want to see just about everything you mentioned. :) Go with what seems right, DIJ. I doubt that anyone will be disappointed.

I'd like to see some action with the falcata as well. Parrying, basic and effective strikes/counterstrikes that utilize the design of the handle, among other things.

Bob

I can and will do all that stuff. No problemo.
Anything else?
Come on, use your imagination...

Maybe you could do a live demo instead of just training stuff...got any bad guys that need doing? ;)

Yvsa said:
I'd like to see a little skinny girl kick two or more of you larger guys asses!!!!:cool: :rolleyes: :D ;)

Yeah What Yvsa said. A small defender taking out 2 attackers!

Danny,

Anyway to get a copy of the first DVD? I watched it at the khonvention and liked it but didn't get a copy.

Try some khuks out on sides of beef. It can be HI's answer to Cold Steel for the people who think HI khuks arent "tactical" :rolleyes: . Some demonstrations on inanimate objects could be interesting though.

I remember a website where a man fought with a khukuri in his right hand, and a peshkabz under a shield on his left.

Could you do a tactical EDC small khuk section?

Or how about a man with a khuk against several men with switchblades or other small knives?

Call me crude, but nothin' beats some good old fashioned cutting stuff apart! Crazy things that will make us look on in awe!

Namaarie

DIJ, some defense combat stuff using reg. size (18") khuk would be great- I refuse to believe that khuks are all offense. Parrys, reach, etc. vs. smaller blades/other opponents. The flat of a khuk is dangerous- use it. My .02.

AA

If you want a copy of Vol 1 or 2:
1. paypal me 10$ (that pays for a blank dvd-r and shipping from Japan)
2. paypal a donation to Uncle Bill for the people of Birghorka
3. send me an email stating that you will not show the video to bad/stupid people.

Ok, I can do that stuff too. However, remember where I am. A side of beef or even a frozen turkey is a mighty hard thing to get here.
I can probably arrange for tameshigiri, but I have never tried tameshigiri with a khukuri. I can arrange to cut some big pieces of bamboo or an old tatami mat.

multiple attackers, can do.

Ill try to get everything on this list, but I still think we need some more.

come on, give me something challenging!

Okay...show us how to use a Falcatta in a public place with security cameras to dispatch a bad guy and his best friend not only without getting caught, but that so the bad guy doesn't know it's been done until you are sitting in local sushi bar eating blowfish ***AND*** I want to see you do it while disguised as Mrs. Hahn but wearing your Dalmations pajamas ***AND*** to get it accomplished just as the Cleveland Browns win three games in a row.

Yeah...let's see you do that!

ps: Do it barefoot. :D

DannyinJapan said:
I can probably arrange for tameshigiri, but I have never tried tameshigiri with a khukuri.
DIJ, I'm thinking that tameshigiri has been done before, with a Gelbu Special If I'm remembering correctly.
I would especially like to see it done with a wider bladed khuk such as a BGRS or similar!!!!:D :cool: :D

Am I to assume that you are talking about using the above knives in conjunction with your MA training?

Nasty said:
Okay...show us how to use a Falcatta in a public place with security cameras to dispatch a bad guy and his best friend not only without getting caught, but that so the bad guy doesn't know it's been done until you are sitting in local sushi bar eating blowfish ***AND*** I want to see you do it while disguised as Mrs. Hahn but wearing your Dalmations pajamas ***AND*** to get it accomplished just as the Cleveland Browns win three games in a row.

Yeah...let's see you do that!

ps: Do it barefoot. :D

hell i'd pay to see that! :eek:

yeah, yoippari, I do Bujinkan stuff with HI khukuris for the guys in the cantina.
They seem to like it, so I keep doing it.
I havent been able to come home and visit to even meet any of them yet, so it makes me feel like Im there...

Back