1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

VTOKU Sprint Run

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Sharp Guy, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish

Mar 22, 2018
    Hah, I did the exact same thing to one of my Enduras in VToku2. Polished the blade with a soft Arkansas stone, then Spyderco fine & ultrafine. Finished with flitz and a cloth, but there are still some visible scratches (which defeats my intention of removing the factory grind lines). Otherwise, it’s a mirror finish. Usually I use a KME but profiled this one freehand and did my first convex edge to show off the core steel.

I want to try and get the last scratches out of the sides of the blade. I tried with the UF Spyderco stone (finest grit I own) a few times but it’s hard. Probably going to order a sampler of high grit sandpaper for car body work and try that out.

2. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001
    I’m guessing yes, the bug logo is gone ... :thumbsup:

3. DeadboxHero

DeadboxHero

Mar 22, 2014
    Yea to 0.008" behind the edge of a 15dps

The factory is 0.018" bte

Cuts like "Magic" now

Chris "Anagarika" likes this.
  4. Ricky Spanish

Ricky Spanish

Mar 22, 2018
    Dunno how much thinner mine is but yeah, it cuts a lot better, too. Next to my other VToku2 Endura straight out of the box. You can see Bob’s Burgers in the background. :D

[​IMG]

uxo2 likes this.
  5. DeadboxHero

DeadboxHero

Mar 22, 2014

Copper Shred Patina

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BITEME, willc, Knifeoholic and 2 others like this.
  6. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Very nice! How did you do that? Like you're really going to tell me that! :D

7. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    A regrind on an already thin Endura is just insane! My Endura already cuts like a laser after I put my edge on it. I would imagine that a reground one has to cut like a SUPER laser?

Knifeoholic likes this.
  8. Yonose

Yonose

Jul 10, 2017
    That looks like a work of art, some kind of countertop design going on right there, I was thinking how in the hell does one reproduce that and you call it a hotdog patina! Brilliant, man!

9. ol_lukey

ol_lukey

May 24, 2016
    ugh my scales are here and they look so good.. why hasnt the stretch dropped yet..
    [​IMG]

Filoso, Knifeoholic, Yonose and 2 others like this.
  10. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008

Nice! Who made those?

11. ol_lukey

ol_lukey

May 24, 2016
    suingab

12. ol_lukey

ol_lukey

May 24, 2016
    suingab

91bravo likes this.
  13. ron finkbeiner jr

ron finkbeiner jr

Jan 6, 2012
    I have a SG2 Endura coming in November and I am looking forward to that!

DeadboxHero likes this.
  14. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    I have a few instock alerts loaded and every time this thread bumps I rush back in to see if someone has a Stretch.

15. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Me too. I bought 2. One to keep and one to sell here for $10,000! lol

SpySmasher likes this.
  16. Misthailin

Misthailin

Mar 15, 2017
    I’ll wait for yours to sell so I know I’ll be good at 15!

17. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Lol. This is a pretty limited run and the gold lockbar doesn't bother me at all. It adds a subtle touch of custom to it! I'm mainly interested in the steel. When folks start seeing this one drop, they're gonna wonder why they didn't get in on it!

DeadboxHero likes this.
  18. Cycletroll

Cycletroll Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2015
    I ordered one of the SG. Will probably be frequently carried and used hard!

19. John_0917

John_0917 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2014
    So does Vtoku go on vacation to Hawaii with me or will it rust to dust? Marine tough cloth will be an option of course.

20. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Take it with you! All you gotta do is make sure it's clean and dry before you put it away, or back in your pocket. Do this and you won't have to worry about rust. Don't let a little worry of rust make you leave an incredible slicer at home. Life is too short to worry about patinas. If you take care of your stuff, then rust is over-rated.

[​IMG]