• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

W2 round bar tool steel

I was glad MOST of that steel wound up at my house...... After using round bar, I wont ever order flat again. Thanks Don.

edited to add- for you guys wondering what you can get out of round bar, from a 9" x 7/8" piece I forged a 10" x 2" blade bowie, 1/4" ricasso, 4-1/2" hidden dang and a 10.5" x 1-7/8" blade bowie, 4-1/2" hidden tang, 1/4" ricasso. I used both as sacrafice blades to check my heat treat methods on W2 and to check overall toughness of the W2... Completely satisfied.

I am intrigued about this grinder Ray Kirk is using. Anybody have any pictures and or information about it?

Don, How much would it cost to ship a box of that steel to BC Canada?

Kelly

Don,
Can i just get a bunch of 4 inch pieces? Oh.... and can you just squish them flat for better shipping? :D

attachment.php

Sorry, I was kidding about the 4 inch length and the squish em flat.
What ever is the longest that fits in a flat rate shipping box. :D

Sorry I didn't see this earlier Joe. I hadn't planned on bringing any, been too busy to think about it lately. I'll bring some if you want, just let me know.

Guys, I still have a good bit of W2 but it'll be a couple weeks after the Blade show before I can get any orders out.

Thanks,

Sorry I didn't see this earlier Joe. I hadn't planned on bringing any, been too busy to think about it lately. I'll bring some if you want, just let me know.

Guys, I still have a good bit of W2 but it'll be a couple weeks after the Blade show before I can get any orders out.

Thanks,
I figured you were a bit busy getting ready for blade:D So whe are you going to post pictures of your test knives?:thumbup: If you are driving to Balde, could ya throw about 100 pounds in the truck? 3 foot pieces are about all I can fit in my car:)

I figured you were a bit busy getting ready for blade:D So whe are you going to post pictures of your test knives?:thumbup: If you are driving to Balde, could ya throw about 100 pounds in the truck? 3 foot pieces are about all I can fit in my car:)

1-1/4" is the smallest I have in 3' or longer, is this OK? If so, I can bring it. (I still have some 1-1/8"x 11")

I just sold a good bit out of the shop today, thanks Phillip :)

Thanks,

1-1/4" is the smallest I have in 3' or longer, is this OK? If so, I can bring it. (I still have some 1-1/8"x 11")

Thanks,

1 1/4 is fine. I am just doing a little stockpiling for later.

Thanks,

Your welcome, and thank YOU. ;) Nice to meet you in person, also.

do you still have any 7/8" bar?
thanks!
~Chris

Sorry Chris, I havn't been checking here lately.

The 7/8" is all gone.

The list of sizes on the first page is up to date but I have a feeling the 1-1/8" is about to go :)

Plenty of 1-1/4" and larger though.

Thanks all !!!

Aloha Don.... just sent you an email!!!!...

Congratulations again on the MS can't think of more deserving Blade smith....:thumbup:

sniff...
i dont have a power hammer.
thanks!
what sizes do you have left?
how much is the 1 1/4"?

btw it was nice talking to you at the show and congrats on MS... i LOVE your work.
thanks
~Chris

Thanks Chris, good talking to you also.

W2 - 1-1/4'' round 10'' long $12.00 shipped, minimum 6 bars. Or (12 bars for $134)

Back