Wait 'til you See What Is Coming Next!!!

The Choiless Tank Buster with the Hammer Time Butt is a really novel blade compared to the Busse's that have been coming out lately. It's easier for me to justify a new blade when it's so unique. YMMV

Choil in short blade is complete irrational, its only for weak men which don't have strenght to good grip knife, please do it without!

I'm gonna have to go with the hammer type style pommel.

I think they'll both do well at breaking glass, but When I think of what I would use the pommel of the knife for it's hammering things that I don't necessarily want to break into place (computer cases, desk draws etc), or hammering -onto- it with another object like a log, hammer, rock, or whatever's available (probably a boot around the house) to get it to go deeper into something for pyring (pallets). for that, the skull crusher pommel is way more likely to mess up what your hammering it with, and won't get as good of a contact/force transfer from the hammering motion. you'll have to hit harder and more often on the skull crusher to get it to go in.

your also less likely to sheer the scales out of place with the hammer time pommel. I'm way more likely go get a solid hammer grade blow straight into scales (parallel with the tang) on the skull crusher then the hammer time, something that with enough hits will end up distorting/sheering the tube fasteners.

I know having a hammer time pommel and no choil makes it all kindsa uncool looking, but MAN will that blade be packed full of functionality.

Choil in short blade is complete irrational, its only for weak men which don't have strenght to good grip knife, please do it without!

the choked up grip is a series of compromises that requires both more strength and less at the same time. because the media is closer to your hand you need less leverage to cut through it - but because your index finger is spread apart and holding a piece of plate rather then a tube, almost all of the side to side torque is transferred directly to your index finger.

your basically moving the muscles needed from the upper arm and forearm into the hand and wrist. if you have strong hands and a good rest before going at it thats fine. not so much when your weak or when your hands are tired.

so choils aren't for really for "weaker" men... well, maybe weaker in the mind. :p;)

Hammerbutt for sure. All the point on the ass end does is break the stuff you're hammering!

No meltdown treatment back there, its easier to use it to pry a bottle cap off that way. :D:D

Choils are cool man!!!. . . Come on. . . . give in. . . . love the choil. . . . .:thumbup:

Jerry :D

Loving the choil I also love this old butt you did way back you tell me when?
what about mixing it into your blast from the past???
The front end of your new Buster is so strong I though maybe it needs a stronger Butt. :D

If this isn't cool Jerry just say the word and ill take it down.

3618253856_a428f9d5c7_o.jpg

Choil,skull crusher, 0.25 blade thickness, mag handle, nm treament, HAPPY!

Is it just me or have we had more talk about this knife than the killa zilla?

Choils on a knife like the Tank Buster are fantastic.

It's when a choil is on a blade like this, that it get ridiculous! ;)

IMG_3275.jpg

Loving the choil I also love this old butt you did way back you tell me when?
what about mixing it into your blast from the past???
The front end of your new Buster is so strong I though maybe it needs a stronger Butt. :D

If this isn't cool Jerry just say the word and ill take it down.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3301/3618253856_a428f9d5c7_o.jpg

the machines/cnc coading are already in place to do the tac handle slabs, and in order to do the mod your talking about you'd have to move the hole at the pommel away from the slabs indent, wich would either push the pommel out farther then is shown in the hammer time pommel, be cramped up against the bottom of the tac handle slabs, or the handle slabs would have to have a custom cnc code for this run.

personally I like the flat style more then the birds beak style. i think of this knife as pure utility rather then "fighter". thin it down to 1/8" thick and then I'll be way more apt to get the skull crusher/birds beak, since it'll start approaching my idea of a fighter.

Alright boss this charade has been going on long enough. 8 days since you started this thread and I still haven't seen this knife. If you don't post pics lickety split, I will refuse to buy one on principle. Unless it actually looks like this:

c30bT.jpg

Although I do like the choil, the hammer butt seems redundant.

Alright boss this charade has been going on long enough. 8 days since you started this thread and I still haven't seen this knife. If you don't post pics lickety split, I will refuse to buy one on principle. Unless it actually looks like this:

c30bT.jpg

Although I do like the choil, the hammer butt seems redundant.

Comin' atcha!!!!. . .

It's not as sweet as the knife you pictured. . . . but then really, what is? :D

Jerry :D

Back