• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Watch out for seller Masonivy5, CKF Sablya #197

Status
Not open for further replies.

creativeguy

Gold Member
Last week, I saw a CKF Sablya show up in the Folding Knives (Individual) sales forum and after communicating with the seller through private message and emails and him assuring me that the knife didn't have any issues other than some minor marks on the frame, I agreed to purchase it. When it arrived in the mail last Friday, I inspected it immediately upon opening the package and everything seemed fine until I checked for vertical play. It was horrible! Not only did it move but it made audible clicking noise. I messaged him and emailed him telling him about the issue and informing him that I would need to send it back for a refund and he wouldn't respond until I opened a Paypal dispute. Within minutes of opening the Paypal case, he emailed me and went off. Long story short, I mailed it back to him the next day (Saturday) and he said he'd consider a refund if the knife had issues when he received it. Well, he got it back today and still denies that it has issues and immediately posted it back up for sale. Thankfully, Paypal decided in my favor and I documented everything with photos and video.

I have no interest in wasting my time or others' time buying and returning knives. Nor do I like losing money by paying for return shipping and insurance, about $15 in this case. Bladeforums has been great for me over the years and I have appreciated dealing with most of the folks that I've bought and sold from here but occasionally you run into one like Masonivy5. So be vigilant, look at feedback ratings and always pay using Paypal Goods & Services so that you're covered if someone try to rip you off or if something simply goes wrong.

Thanks guys.

You have and issue with me trying to sale MY knife? I’ve brought an admin in once and can do it again if you’d like already erased one post and removed someone from commenting once today.
By all means, sell your knife but disclose any issues that it has. And if you missed an issue then make it right with your buyer.

I said my video did you not get the warning from the admin either??
What warning? I'm not posting in your sales thread, this is a feedback thread about you selling a knife without disclosing an issue. Specifically, an issue that's quite apparent in the video creativeguy creativeguy posted. Do you still deny that the knife has lock rock?

What warning? I'm not posting in your sales thread, this is a feedback thread about you selling a knife without disclosing an issue. Specifically, an issue that's quite apparent in the video creativeguy creativeguy posted. Do you still deny that the knife has lock rock?
Ya I deny it I opened it up today as it got here by the way was refused tracking because he didn’t get his money before he sent the knife and no issues with anything when I inspected it

Ya I deny it I opened it up today as it got here by the way was refused tracking because he didn’t get his money before he sent the knife and no issues with anything when I inspected it
Can you post a video doing the exact same thing creativeguy did? Because that sure looked and sounded pretty damn definitved to me.

I have better things to do than entertain you guys you want to see the video join the fb group where it’s already posted. Knife sale trading and feedback.

Hmmm. Joined on the 20th and already off to a great start.

Screenshot_20190729-181930_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190729-182017_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the warning. I would have been pissed if this wasn’t disclosed.

I have also come to realize that some members genuinely do not know how to check for lock defects.
A 22 year old knife enthusiast surely has a lot to learn. If he can pay attention to more experienced members, lose the attitude, and get serious about building a good reputation on Bladeforums,
his future knife hobby could be so much more rewarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back