• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Watch out for seller Masonivy5, CKF Sablya #197

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 22 year old knife enthusiast surely has a lot to learn. If he can pay attention to more experienced members, lose the attitude, and get serious about building a good reputation on Bladeforums,
his future knife hobby could be so much more rewarding.

There is of course no substitute for experience.

I hope he learns about a type of defect to look for and genuinely did not know. I would hate to think that he is purposefully trying to pass a knife on with a defect.

@Masonivy5 unfortunately judging by the video creativeguy posted it is apparent the Sablya has lockrock. Probably best to disclose that in your sale unless you want to deal woth the headache of having the next purchaser send it back.

Watched the video on FB looked good. Watched other vid and hmmmmm

Last edited:
I have better things to do than entertain you guys you want to see the video join the fb group where it’s already posted. Knife sale trading and feedback.

The best thing you could do now is to quit while you're behind. Then sign up under a new name and hope your ignominious first efforts here are quickly forgotten about.

You're already in a hole, stop digging.

If I do not have an IG account, I cannot view this video, correct? Regardless, is it the same video that you posted on his sales thread early today? If so, I watched it as well as the seller's counter video.

Definitely not mean to defend the seller but the way your hand holds the handle of the knife in the video could possibly cause the lockbar to move a bit during checking, thus causing audible blade play.

If I do not have an IG account, I cannot view this video, correct? Regardless, is it the same video that you posted on his sales thread early today? If so, I watched it as well as the seller's counter video.

Definitely not mean to defend the seller but the way your hand holds the handle of the knife in the video could possibly cause the lockbar to move a bit during checking, thus causing audible blade play.

One would have to assume creative guy was pushing the lockbar over slightly with his finger creating space for the lockbar to rock up and down. That would mean either A) creativeguy didn’t realize he was doing that or B) he is deliberately doing it for some malicious reason.

In regards to that:
A)creativeguy seems to know his way around a knife from what I’ve seen and I would be surprised to find out he was slightly pushing the lockbar and didn’t realize.

And

B) he has been a long upstanding member of this community and I cannot see him ordering a knife that he received which was fine; then deliberately holding the lockbar slightly over just to slander Masonivy5. What would be the point? I would think he wanted the knife when he bought it so why fake an issue?

I guess it is always possible he was actually accidentally pushing the lockbar over slightly but I would be surprised to find out that’s what happened. Looking at his positive transaction rating alone leads me to believe he would likely be aware of making sure his finger wasn’t pushing the lockbar. Anything’s possible though I guess.

Last edited:
One would have to assume creative guy was pushing the lockbar over slightly with his finger creating space for the lockbar to rock up and down. That would mean either A) creativeguy didn’t realize he was doing that or B) he is deliberately doing it for some malicious reason.

In regards to that:
A)creativeguy seems to know his way around a knife from what I’ve seen and I would be surprised to find out he was slightly pushing the lockbar and didn’t realize.

And

B) he has been a long upstanding member of this community and I cannot see him ordering a knife that he received which was fine; then deliberately holding the lockbar slightly over just to slander Masonivy5. What would be the point? I would think he wanted the knife when he bought it so why fake an issue?

I never doubt creativeguy's integrity so please do NOT put your words in my mouth. Thanks. All I was suggesting is that when one checks vertical bladeplay, fingers should stay away from the lockbar.

I never doubt creativeguy's integrity so please do NOT put your words in my mouth. Thanks. All I was suggesting is that when one checks vertical bladeplay, fingers should stay away from the lockbar.

I’m not saying you are doubting his integrity. Sorry if you read it that way. I was only trying to point out the unlikeliness that creativeguy wasn’t aware of fingers potentially finging on the lockbar.

First thing I thought was maybe his finger is moving the lock bar in the video. The noise is minimal at first and then gets louder when his finger gets closer to the lock face. Were there shots of the lock in the resting position when opened?

Trust me, that knife had bad play no matter how I held it. I held it like that for the video to make sure I had a good solid grip.

I wanted the knife, asked lots of questions and for additional pics doing my due diligence. The knife showed up with an issue that I wasn’t willing to try to have fixed and I simply asked for a refund. It went south from there.

First thing I thought was maybe his finger is moving the lock bar in the video. The noise is minimal at first and then gets louder when his finger gets closer to the lock face. Were there shots of the lock in the resting position when opened?

I’ve probably owned 100+ framelocks and know how they work. My finger was not moving the lockbar.

Trust me, that knife had bad play no matter how I held it. I held it like that for the video to make sure I had a good solid grip.

I wanted the knife, asked lots of questions and for additional pics doing my due diligence. The knife showed up with an issue that I wasn’t willing to try to have fixed and I simply asked for a refund. It went south from there.

Thanks for clarifying. :thumbsup:

Guys, I’m done commenting here. I just don’t have anything else to add at this point. Was simply trying to save others some grief. If someone wants to buy it and they’re happy with their purchase then more power to them. Thanks for all the comments; I appreciate everyone’s input and thoughtfulness.

Just keeps getting better. Apparently the "blade fell right out" while he was messing with it and hit the floor. What on earth???

Screen-Shot-2019-08-08-at-7-53-29-PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back