Waterway

That is one beautiful and very useful looking knife. I'm impressed.
Even without the photo background the shape looks aquatic.
I really dig the texture on the handle (obviously . . . that is what I put on my grail this year).
GREAT JOB !

Great job Surfg. That is a beauty fell in love with it the minute I seen it,definitely on my list.

Spyderco-Waterway-Green-G10-satin-BHQ-78714-er.jpg

Is the knife going to look like this with a g10 handle or like the picture from the catalog? I know it may seem like a dumb question, but the g10 version up there is what was posted as a pic for "coming soon" on Blade HQ and I wanted to make sure before I got excited cause the pic below looks awesome :D
SIcXPRw.png

Last edited:
Spyderco-Waterway-Green-G10-satin-BHQ-78714-er.jpg

Is the knife going to look like this with a g10 handle or like the picture from the catalog? I know it may seem like a dumb question, but the g10 version up there is what was posted as a pic for "coming soon" on Blade HQ and I wanted to make sure before I got excited cause the pic below looks awesome :D
SIcXPRw.png
Hi Korean Hog, BHQ is just using the pic that was mistakenly used in the catalog. The actual knife will be the one pictured below on the cliff. I promise. :) Spyderco is working now to correct the digital catalog. Unfortunately it is too late to correct the print catalog so I am counting on you guys to help spread the word and keep people straight on the forums and other sites. ;)

Hi Korean Hog, BHQ is just using the pic that was mistakenly used in the catalog. The actual knife will be the one pictured below on the cliff. I promise. :) Spyderco is working now to correct the digital catalog. Unfortunately it is too late to correct the print catalog so I am counting on you guys to help spread the word and keep people straight on the forums and other sites. ;)
Excellent! I'll be picking one of these up I bet, can't wait till they're available :)

Oddly I think I liked the prototype a smidge better, although obviously the final looks more finished.

You know, the prototype picture was something we tried to keep the weight down and keep the knife ultra thin. The result was a bit fugly in my opinion but the bigger issue was it created some uncomfortable hotspots. The guard was much less comfortable without a handle over it to make it wider and the thumb suffered from the same issue on the spine. That handle idea was quickly scrapped for the poor functionality.

Bumping this up to the top to see if any news on release date or price yet?

I just bought a new kayak to fish out of and this would be a pretty good one to keep attached to my lash tab on my PFD.

Hey cscottsss, I believe it’s at the front of the line for production and they are just waiting on factory capacity. “Soon” is what I’ve been told. Wish I had a more specific answer. :)

Cool, I'll be keeping an eye out for it. Thanks.

Is the spydie chef discontinued? I’m having a hard time finding one.

Not that I've heard, and I highly doubt it. I bet it's just hard to find right now as more people have figured out how awesome it is. :)

I just saw on a pre order that this blade is priced at $130! I was already planning on buying one but am considering picking a pair up at this price point.

Surfingringo Surfingringo

Hell of a picture! Where do you live that allows you to kayak fish for sush an awesome mix of species? I am a die hard freshwater fisherman, but your photos and catches are always amazing to me! Your knife aint that bad either... ;)

Back